Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Anoosh opening second restaurant

no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Anoosh opening second restaurant

by Robin Garr » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:07 pm

Chef Anoosh Shariat to Open Second Restaurant in Brownsboro Road Shopping Center

Louisville diners can look forward to Chef Anoosh Shariat opening a neighborhood inspired all-day eatery in the Brownsboro Road Shopping Center later this summer.

A rustic stone oven will be the centerpiece of the open kitchen design and will influence menu offerings such as European-style breakfast, flatbread pizza, cast-iron based dishes and house-cured meats. Guests can finish their meals with house-made gelato or stop by during an evening walk with the family.

"The menu items can be a snack or meal that can be enjoyed at all times of the day by the whole family or a gathering of friends," says Chef Anoosh.

The warm reception of Anoosh Bistro, which Chef Anoosh opened last August in the same plaza complex, encouraged him to explore the options of a casual, comfortable restaurant for the entire family. Within the Watterson Expressway, the location is ideal for walkers and is bicycle friendly to the community and adjacent neighborhoods. The new design will offer some patio seating and a semi-private space for meetings, parties and gatherings.

The restaurant is expected to open in late August.

Before opening Anoosh Bistro, Chef Anoosh was a consultant for three years in Charlotte, North Carolina. His return to Brownsboro Road was a homecoming of sorts as he was the owner/executive chef of the well-regarded Shariat's Restaurant in the Crescent Hill area for ten years. He also previously owned Browning's Restaurant & Brewery in the Louisville Slugger Field and was the Executive Chef at Park Place on Main.
no avatar
User

Susanne Smith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:55 pm

Re: Anoosh opening second restaurant

by Susanne Smith » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:17 pm

We are fast becoming quite the little "Restaurant Row" here in our shopping center. The response from the Courier- Journal article
( sorry you haters) several weeks ago from the self titled, "Burger Heaven" article, that quite subtly endorsed Shady Lane as the best Burger in town, has been unbelievable. We have had our share of good publicity, but nothing to ever match the enthusiasm this article has garnered. What was a really busy place, we have now become a line out the door, day after day kind of raucous fun place, serving goodness at a pace that challenges even my veteran battle scared grill skills. And now with Anoosh opening three doors down, and the beloved Germanic folks picking up the slack, Brownsboro shopping center is fast becoming the happening place to be. We welcome Annosh, and look forward to trading out meals if we ever have time. Bring em on!
no avatar
User

Paula B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:59 pm

by Paula B » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:37 am

Thank you, Susanne, for your kind words. We are so excited about this location. The plaza has something to offer everyone and will give Louisville diners lots of great choices in a central location. We can't wait to open the doors!
no avatar
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

by Bill Veneman » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:15 am

Noosh Nosh :lol: ....LOVE IT!

I'm excited about this for my dear friends! Anoosh and I have discussed his newest concept and I, for one, am very excited for him, Paula and the team involved and can't wait to see how it's going to play! I knew this city was going to see great things when Noosh came back to town! :mrgreen:
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:53 am

Here's an article from this morning's Insider Louisville with some more information about the new restaurant: http://insiderlouisville.com/lifestyle_ ... sh-august/
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"