Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Lonnie Turner

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:34 am

Highlands

Re: St Charles exchange for sale, may close.

by Lonnie Turner » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:20 pm

no avatar
User

Rick Adams

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:56 pm

by Rick Adams » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:04 am

I know I'm really just beating the hell out of a very, very dead horse but I'd like to mention that the lovely owners still have not paid the front of the house staff their tips.
no avatar
User

alejandro.magallanez

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:12 am

by alejandro.magallanez » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:50 am

Disclaimer: I don't know the players in this game nor have I ever worked at St. Charles Exchange. What I do have is the experience of having been through this. I can tell you it's a scary feeling when vendors demand COD and your coworkers' paychecks start bouncing. And this was with a local owner who was in the restaurant every day. (Don't ask who. It's been 13 years ago and he has since moved away from Louisville.) And I can also tell you that the drivers don't like being put in the position of bill collector any more than I (or I'm sure Rick) liked being in the position of basically lying to them. So you all can continue to debate the validity of Rick's actions, but unless you've actually been in the middle of that storm, road the waves and watched your sails tear in half, politely I say, "Shut up."
Alejandro Magallanez
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:22 pm

Fernando is putting in a Mussel and Burger
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:48 pm

Damn it! Now I want to work downtown again.. :lol:
User

Stephen D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:41 am

Lyndon, Ky

by Stephen D » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:57 pm

JustinHammond wrote:Fernando is putting in a Mussel and Burger

He's a great man and fit for this job. All of my interactions with the previous owners have told me that they were arrogant, ignorant folk.

'Don't come to a wine bar, taste four wines and then decide upon the Kim Crawford Sav Blanc, it just makes me hate you.'

'Don't go to the Pendennis, order an Old Fashioned- then stand up and proudly exclaim 'Ours is better than yours (in your finest Yankee accent,)' We don't do that to each other, Dick.
User

Stephen D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:41 am

Lyndon, Ky

by Stephen D » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:29 pm

Stephen D wrote:

He's a great man and fit for this job. All of my interactions with the previous owners have told me that they were arrogant, ignorant folk.

'Don't come to a wine bar, taste four wines and then decide upon the Kim Crawford Sav Blanc, it just makes me hate you.'

'Don't go to the Pendennis, order an Old Fashioned- then stand up and proudly exclaim 'Ours is better than yours (in your finest Yankee accent,)' We don't do that to each other, Dick.

I should probably tell you the wines tasted:

Protea, South Africa, Chenin Blanc. This one is cheese-wine to me, full of funk and a great stand-alone wine to recommend to 'one of us.'

Humberto Canale. Patagonia, Chile I love this wine. Crisp and clean. Riesling redelivered. It's a flexible grape, producing wines at that altitude mirrors any Kabinett the Germans can produce.

Terra D'Oro. America, I think. Chenin Blanc/Semillion Blend. Not my favorite. Everybody else loves it, but I find it a little clingy- like a first date.

La Freynelle. The Center of France- they're important! A three-part blend. Nice and food friendly. Good for anything but a robust steak presentation.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:11 pm

I just read that! I know last week he said that the plan for putting one in the buildings on whiskey row was canceled because of the fire. I figured he already had his eyes on some other place downtown and this one makes sense. It will however draw a very different crowd and one in whiskey row would.
Last edited by Mark R. on Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Adam Robinson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:39 pm

by Adam Robinson » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:25 pm

Does this mean I can go to M&BB and not wait 1 hour+ for a table?

Hooray!!!! :D

/We usually skip the line and eat at the bar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:32 pm

https://www.facebook.com/LouisvilleHotB ... 9727792285
Previous