Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Zestos

no avatar
User

Alison Hanover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:27 pm

Zestos

by Alison Hanover » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:17 pm

So just heard it on good authority that Zestos have bought Polly's Freeze. Seeing as Pollys hasn't really been pollys for the last four years since the original family sold it I hope they will change the name lol
Alison Hanover
no avatar
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

Re: Zestos

by Carla G » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:51 pm

So any idea what that will mean Alison? I am not familiar with Zestos. Still icecream or some other quick food?
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:33 pm

Zesto's is an old-school New Albany ice-cream shop, sort of like Polly's without the pretty roadside setting. I don't think the new owners will change much at all. Frankly, I hope they keep the name ... and the parrot.

Heck, I wrote this about Zesto's in a 2006 review:

Zesto's old-fashioned walk-up windows resemble Polly's without the shade ....

:lol:
no avatar
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:51 pm

Nifty!
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

Alison Hanover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:27 pm

by Alison Hanover » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:58 pm

Carla, I am not sure what it will mean really. If it is going to be part of the Zestos franchise Chillers then they will have to change the name and the menu. I think basically in a nutshell for me, ie AJ's, it would be better if they changed the name to Zestos. However, from a business point of view, they would be extremely stupid to do that, as Polly;s has been Polly's for so long. Athough, as I said it has not been owned by the original family for at least the last four years. I guess we shall see next Season.
Alison Hanover