Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

zad modern mediterranean

no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: zad modern mediterranean

by Robin Garr » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:04 pm

SheilaKalajdžić wrote:Ah...I didn't realize the search engine needed more than four characters. I guess that explains that. :)

Well, more than three, really. It's not good at explaining itself, but this forum software comes out of a box, and we can't (easily) tweak it. :(
no avatar
User

Ray Griffith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:39 pm

Highlands

by Ray Griffith » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:07 am

They have taken the top spot for gyros (ever since Zaytun closed :( ). Their Mediterranean/fusion tacos are nice and they make one juicy and flavorful lamb burger
no avatar
User

SheilaKalajdžić

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:16 pm

by SheilaKalajdžić » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:52 pm

Ray Griffith wrote:They have taken the top spot for gyros (ever since Zaytun closed :( ). Their Mediterranean/fusion tacos are nice and they make one juicy and flavorful lamb burger

Thanks, Ray! :) Our anniversary is today and we'd like to go tonight but they close at 8:30. My honey still isn't hungry so I think we'll maybe go there on Tuesday. We hate to show up 30 minutes before close.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:43 pm

SheilaKalajdžić wrote:Our anniversary is today

Hey! Happy anniversary! :D

no avatar
User

Adam C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:43 pm

Camp Taylor aka Louisville's food desert

by Adam C » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:07 am

Ray Griffith wrote:lamb burger

Ok that's it I'm going to check this place out. I wrongfully thought it was another boring gyro joint. I have heard great things from many friends. I'm going!

Are they open for lunch?
no avatar
User

SheilaKalajdžić

{ RANK }

Foodie

by SheilaKalajdžić » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:46 am

Adam C wrote:
Ray Griffith wrote:lamb burger

Ok that's it I'm going to check this place out. I wrongfully thought it was another boring gyro joint. I have heard great things from many friends. I'm going!

Are they open for lunch?

yes they are!
no avatar
User

SheilaKalajdžić

{ RANK }

Foodie

by SheilaKalajdžić » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:46 am

Robin Garr wrote:
SheilaKalajdžić wrote:Our anniversary is today

Hey! Happy anniversary! :D

Thanks so much!!! :)
no avatar
User

SheilaKalajdžić

{ RANK }

Foodie

by SheilaKalajdžić » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:53 am

Update: My husband and went there yesterday for lunch. We were gonna go on our anniversary but the restaurant closes between 2:30 & 5 pm, and we needed to eat during that time after spending hours at the pool.

Anyway, we got 4 things off the menu and shared everything. The lamb gyro was to die for!! The meat so was tender and juicy...melted in your mouth. The lentil soup was so creamy and perfectly seasoned (made without cream by the way). The cauliflower salad was delightful! It came with a tahini dressing, and even though my husband isn't all that fond of tahini, he really liked it. Finally, we ordered one salmon taco with black bean hummus, and it was okay, but to be honest, it was quite bland. I prefer spicy tacos. And for fish, I like some lemon or lime juice with it to add flavor. A wedge wasn't provided with the taco so I went without.

The restaurant had nice, relaxing music playing in the background. The service was excellent, and the prices and portion sizes were reasonable.

I definitely want to go back sometime to try the lamb and pea stew, as well as some of the other items on the menu. I'm so glad we went there! :)
no avatar
User

Adam C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:43 pm

Camp Taylor aka Louisville's food desert

by Adam C » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:24 am

I went there yesterday for lunch too. The lamb burger was good but oh man that cauliflower salad.. the hummus was top notch too. Will be back often. :)
Previous