Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

SheilaKalajdžić

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:16 pm

zad modern mediterranean

by SheilaKalajdžić » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:47 pm

The owners of the Grape Leaf recently opened Zad Modern Mediterranean in the Highlands, and I think this is where my husband and I will go for our anniversary dinner on Sunday.

Has anyone tried the food there? Everything sounds wonderful, and I love that they use organic and local ingredients when possible.

Here's the link to their website in case anyone's interested in checking it out. :)

http://www.zadlouisville.com
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: zad modern mediterranean

by Robin Garr » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:52 pm

If the restaurant is as classy as the website, it looks good! I like the music, although on principle I'm not crazy about sites that play audio without asking you first.

Is that on Grinstead between Baxter and Bardstown, probably where Pita Delites (?) was?
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:54 pm

Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
User

Jeremy J

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:30 am

Louisville, KY

by Jeremy J » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:53 pm

I've been, it's freakin' delish. A bit more casual than you'd expect given the design, but the food is really good.

And yes, robin- it's exactly where pita delights was.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:33 am

Marsha L. wrote:http://forums.louisvillehotbytes.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22002&p=164732&hilit=pita+delites#p164732

Well, I'll be darned. I didn't realize it had been around that long. (Also, lost me at "Eater," but that's a whole 'nother story. :mrgreen: )
User

Ron H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:10 pm

by Ron H » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:09 am

Zad is great, pretty laid back, and all the food is delicious. I recommend trying their hummus, as they do it slightly differently than most places (it comes with toppings and a couple of banana peppers).
"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2000 of something." - Mitch Hedberg
User

SheilaKalajdžić

{ RANK }

Foodie

by SheilaKalajdžić » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:42 am

Robin Garr wrote:If the restaurant is as classy as the website, it looks good! I like the music, although on principle I'm not crazy about sites that play audio without asking you first.

Is that on Grinstead between Baxter and Bardstown, probably where Pita Delites (?) was?

Yes, that's the location, Robin. :)
User

SheilaKalajdžić

{ RANK }

Foodie

by SheilaKalajdžić » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:47 am

Marsha L. wrote:http://forums.louisvillehotbytes.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22002&p=164732&hilit=pita+delites#p164732

Thanks, Marsha! I tried searching for Zad in Hotbytes several times, but every time I got "no suitable matches found." I wonder why the search didn't find it?? :?:
User

SheilaKalajdžić

{ RANK }

Foodie

by SheilaKalajdžić » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:48 am

Ron H wrote:Zad is great, pretty laid back, and all the food is delicious. I recommend trying their hummus, as they do it slightly differently than most places (it comes with toppings and a couple of banana peppers).

Thanks, Ron! :)
User

SheilaKalajdžić

{ RANK }

Foodie

by SheilaKalajdžić » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:49 am

Jeremy J wrote:I've been, it's freakin' delish. A bit more casual than you'd expect given the design, but the food is really good.

And yes, robin- it's exactly where pita delights was.

Thanks so much, Jeremy! :) Casual suits me fine. :)
User

Ron H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:10 pm

by Ron H » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:45 am

SheilaKalajdžić wrote:Thanks, Marsha! I tried searching for Zad in Hotbytes several times, but every time I got "no suitable matches found." I wonder why the search didn't find it?? :?:

I'd blame the umlaut over the a in Zad.
"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2000 of something." - Mitch Hedberg
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:43 pm

SheilaKalajdžić wrote:

Thanks, Marsha! I tried searching for Zad in Hotbytes several times, but every time I got "no suitable matches found." I wonder why the search didn't find it?? :?:

I think the search engine won't "hit" targets of fewer than four characters. It ought to explain that, though. BAD search engine!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:44 pm

Ron H wrote:
SheilaKalajdžić wrote:Thanks, Marsha! I tried searching for Zad in Hotbytes several times, but every time I got "no suitable matches found." I wonder why the search didn't find it?? :?:

Nah, good guess, but I'm pretty sure the search engine ignores diacritical marks and accents. I'm pretty sure it requires a search term of four characters or more. Unfortunately, this is "black box" forum software, and we can't effectively tweak it.
User

SheilaKalajdžić

{ RANK }

Foodie

by SheilaKalajdžić » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:25 pm

Ron H wrote:

Maybe that's what it was, Ron. Thanks. :)
User

SheilaKalajdžić

{ RANK }

Foodie

by SheilaKalajdžić » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:27 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
SheilaKalajdžić wrote:

I think the search engine won't "hit" targets of fewer than four characters. It ought to explain that, though. BAD search engine!

Ah...I didn't realize the search engine needed more than four characters. I guess that explains that. :)
Next