Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Barasti Bar and Grill

no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Barasti Bar and Grill

by James Natsis » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:25 pm

I happened to come across this place during an afternoon bike ride. There was a post last year mentioning this place, but I think it is worthy of its own titled post.

It is located at 3rd and Oak. It was first posted as a hookah bar. But it is actually a very nice, semi-urban chic type of place. It is a combo retaurant, bar, and hookay lounge with emphasis on restaurant. The guy I spoke with said that the clientele was mainly mainstream customers and very few Musilm Middle Eastermers. This is probably due to the fact that there is alcohol served on the premises.

In any case, the menu has nice Middle Eastern offerings (hummus, grap[e leaves, falafel, lentil soup, etc.) balanced with more mainstream fare (chicken wings, burgers, rib eye steak, etc) I'd say the place looks nice enough for a date night.

Has anybody been there?
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

Adam Robinson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:39 pm

Re: Barasti Bar and Grill

by Adam Robinson » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:40 pm

Been there twice. I think it rates a fair meh. If I lived nearby, I'd drop in every now and then. Nothing really to knock your socks off, but also nothing to keep you from coming back.