Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:37 pm

David Clancy wrote:I would probably plunk Seviche up in the second or top tier as one of the vanguard.....(degree of difficulty should mean something)JMHO

I agree, and it's not just "degree of difficulty." I tend to give a rating a significant boost for creativity, innovation and pushing the envelope, regardless of the color of the tablecloths.
User

Charles W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:53 pm

Schnitzelburg

by Charles W. » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:05 pm

Ron Johnson wrote:
Here is an example of how I think some well known Louisville restaurants would rank in the NY Times star system. And, keep in mind that one star means good.

1 Star: Cafe Lou Lou, Baxter Station, Uptown cafe, Vietnam Kitchen, Palermo Viejo
2 Star: Havana Rumba, Seviche, L & N, Lilly's,
3 Star: Equus, Le Relais, Jack Fry's, Proof
4 Star: Corbett's, 610, Oakroom

That's more reasonable for a place he size of NYC metro area, where there are 100's of top flight restaurants. Even with a vibrant scene in Louisville, there would be only a handful of restaurants that would be rated.
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:25 pm

Charles W. wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:
Here is an example of how I think some well known Louisville restaurants would rank in the NY Times star system. And, keep in mind that one star means good.

1 Star: Cafe Lou Lou, Baxter Station, Uptown cafe, Vietnam Kitchen, Palermo Viejo
2 Star: Havana Rumba, Seviche, L & N, Lilly's,
3 Star: Equus, Le Relais, Jack Fry's, Proof
4 Star: Corbett's, 610, Oakroom

That's more reasonable for a place he size of NYC metro area, where there are 100's of top flight restaurants. Even with a vibrant scene in Louisville, there would be only a handful of restaurants that would be rated.

I don't follow your point. Why wouldn't you rate all restaurants in Louisville? There are categories below one star also.
Previous