Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Gary W

{ RANK }

Just got here

Wed May 23, 2012 12:54 pm

servers coughing and talking when serving food

by Gary W » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:30 pm

This has been my pet peeve forever. Can restaurants please train employees better hygiene in the workplace when it comes to serving our plates of food? I have seen it for awhile now at all types of restaurants. This week I was in a restaurant on Bardstown Rd near the expressway and the server sneezed into his left hand. I never saw him flinch or worry about the germs. He then promptly handled plates to the patrons. Also I cringe when servers talk with your open food plate one foot in front of their face.

Please train workers in this regard.

Thanks,
G
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: servers coughing and talking when serving food

by Robin Garr » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:39 pm

It would probably be a good idea for servers to avoid that kind of thing if there is a health inspector in the room. :P
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

Re: servers coughing and talking when serving food

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:35 am

All restaurant staff should probably wear fully self-contained hazmat suits and prepare meals in an industrial-strength clean room, just to make sure no cooties get in our food.