Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Another New Albany brewpub

no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

Another New Albany brewpub

by Rich S » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:56 pm

According to Insider Louisville, the Floyd County Brewing Company is planned at 129 W. Main St. in downtown New Albany. I'm always happy to have more local beer, but I'm a little skeptical about the medieval theme.

http://insiderlouisville.com/lifestyle_ ... val-theme/

Floyd County Brewing Company set to open next month with Medieval theme

... The beers will vary, but the original concepts were to give them names like Nutty Knight Nut Brown Ale, King Louie’s Ville-Nilla Porter, Brewess Blonde Ale and Hoppy Jester IPA, with brand logos for each beer featuring a different character that could have walked right off the set of “Camelot” (or even “Spamalot”).

Meanwhile, the interior of the place is coming together similarly, with a dungeon-esque partition between the taproom and the brewhouse, plus a European pub look and even some original art depicting what appears to be a beer-swilling troll.

“I have it in my head what I want it to look like,” [co-owner Brian] Hampton says. “We’re kind of striving for an environment that sort of feels like you’re walking onto the set of ‘Monty Python (and the Holy Grail).’ I’m trying to find ways to inject humor into the décor and the menu and the little things, which is an interesting approach. When I did market research, I found that not lot of (breweries) use humor in their imagery and whatnot. It seems like a lot of breweries are more serious and in a more industrial setting.”

This theme of “Food, Froth and Follies” will be filled out with a partly Medieval-themed menu that features items like giant turkey legs and fish and chips, along with staples like steak, chicken and fish, plus skewers, plus vegan options as well. Pricing will be competitive with other nearby restaurants in downtown New Albany, Hampton says. There also will be live music at times.