Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Arctic Scoop

User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Arctic Scoop

by Mark R. » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:55 pm

Has anyone else tried Arctic Scoop? We decided to give it a try the other day and were quite disappointed. It was expensive and the ice cream we had, especially my wife's was not creamy at all. Hers was granular in texture and never really melted. Mine was more like an ice cream texture but certainly wasn't remarkable especially for the price, $4.59 for a small, what they call a single scoop.

Unless you think it's really cool to watch them make your ice cream using liquid nitrogen I certainly didn't see any reason to go back. The only advantage they have that I'm sure tracks some people is that you can make just about any flavor combination with any additives (nuts etc.) you want.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

Re: Arctic Scoop

by Leah S » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:48 am

We tried the ice cream/yogurt at the same concept in Indiana . .and I can't remember the name of it . . . on Veteran's Pkwy, near Chuy's. Anyway, we liked it a lot. It was quite creamy and melted just like ice cream. I enjoyed creating my own flavor and loved the technical aspect of it.
User

TracyBasham

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:58 pm

Brandenburg, Ky

Re: Arctic Scoop

by TracyBasham » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:33 am

Sub Zero is the New Albany establishment. We prefer Arctic Scoop over any ice cream around the area. The add in choices are too many to mention and we love the texture. You can tell them to freeze it hard (my preference) or if you prefer softer, they'll do that too. They are always very accommodating and super friendly.