Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Bill Melillo to open Silvio's in St. Matthews ...

by Robin Garr » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:13 pm

Bill Melillo just posted on Facebook ...

I am happy to announce I will be opening up Silvio's Italian restaurant at 104 Fairfax Ave. in about 45-60 days. Stay tuned.

Who thinks Silvio's will look a lot like Melillo's? :)

I can't fix on that exact address - it's toward Shelbyville Road from El Tarasco and the defunct Lemongrass/Saigon Cafe, but the only prior occupants I can find are Benito's Burritos and Hubba Hubba Subs; can't say that I ever noticed either one. :shock:
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

Re: Bill Melillo to open Silvio's in St. Matthews ...

by Leah S » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:18 pm

Chef Maria's Greek Deli was listed at 102 Fairfax, so maybe this place is sort of in back of the White Castle.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:24 pm

Leah S wrote:Chef Maria's Greek Deli was listed at 102 Fairfax, so maybe this place is sort of in back of the White Castle.

Maybe he's taking over Chef Maria's? She's never stayed in any location more than a few months ...
no avatar
User

Madeline Peters

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:15 pm

St Matthews

by Madeline Peters » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:52 pm

On their website the address is for the Camelot Center at 1106 Lyndon Lane, next to Mr. Gatti's. Is that the same restaurant? Are they moving or did they change their mind on location? I think St Matthews would be better. Btw, what ever happened to the Chocolate Martini space. Anybody grab that?
no avatar
User

Robin F.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:50 am

by Robin F. » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:53 pm

It's the space next to Saigon, which is soon to be Super Chefs.
no avatar
User

Madeline Peters

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:15 pm

St Matthews

by Madeline Peters » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:02 pm

And just like that they changed their website! Good! I think an Italian restaurant should do well there. I am not familiar with the original restaurant, Melillo.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:23 pm

Madeline Peters wrote:Btw, what ever happened to the Chocolate Martini space. Anybody grab that?

The location where the Chocolate Martini Bar used to be is now a dentists office!
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:30 pm

If its like the original Melillos I will be a happy girl. I so miss them and also Kim's.
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:02 pm

I will not turn down the return of Mellilo's. No sir
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

by Rich S » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:21 pm

I just discovered that Silvio's opened about a week ago. Has anybody tried them yet? I'd like to order just about everything on the menu on their website.

http://silviositalianrestaurant.com/

https://www.facebook.com/Silvios-1615937768653910/
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:53 pm

No, must have been a very soft opening! Glad to know it, though. First forumite to report wins the people's ovation and fame forever!
no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

by MarieP » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:53 pm

I ate at Silvio's with my parents this evening! Delicious-- great food and service in a welcoming atmosphere! We really felt like we were eating in someone's home! The Melillos are obviously excited about their new venture, and the customers they serve are treated like family.

The menu is set up to accommodate vegetarians and omnivores alike-- the alfredo, lasagna, and eggplant parmesan are all offered at a reasonable price (around $8.50), and meatballs, chicken, shrimp, or Italian sausage (spicy or mild) can be added for $3-4. You also get to choose your pasta-- ziti, spaghetti, fettuccine, or angel hair. We all had Caesar salad to start-- fresh, crisp, and creamy. My mom had chicken parmesan, while my dad and I had eggplant parmesan with spicy Italian sausage. The portions were perfect-- a filling meal! The lightly fried eggplant had been freshly prepared, so it did not suffer the common sogginess. The marinara sauce was savory and flavorful (especially with freshly grated parmesan), and the pasta was perfectly cooked (firm, not mushy). The Italian sausage had a nice spicy kick to it. My mom's chicken was excellent as well-- fried and yet not to the detriment of the flavorful meat. Chewy, airy slices of bread accompanied both the salad and pasta dishes.

Our waiter asked if we wanted dessert, and we decided, after hearing the options "for next time," to get a tiramisu with 3 spoons. It was delightfully creamy and spongy! It was served as a scoop in a glass-- as eye-pleasing as it was tongue-pleasing! We savored every bite!

We received excellent service-- we were waited on promptly and deftly, our iced tea glasses were kept filled, and plates were cleared at the right time. The Melillos, as I mentioned, were eager to greet us warmly and chatted for a bit. The family photos on the wall (didn't ask about them) were nice additions to the ambience.

Silvio's is a more-than-welcome addition to the St. Matthew's dining scene!
Last edited by MarieP on Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:01 am

Excellent review, Marie! Thanks for taking the time to share your report!
User

Christina Firriolo

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:39 pm

by Christina Firriolo » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:04 pm

I'm excited to try this! I'd love to find a good home style Italian place in the style of Ferd's. (not saying this will or won't be, since I haven't been there, but the menu looks great!)
"Wine is sunlight, held together by water!" ~Galileo Gallilei
no avatar
User

Steve Kluesner

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:37 pm

So. Indiana

by Steve Kluesner » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:44 pm

Our family dined at Silvio's Saturday evening. The food was very good and the service was great. They are working out the kinks but Silvio's gets a thumbs up from our family.
Next