Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Terri Beam

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:26 pm

Delfino's Italian Bistro Open in J-Town

by Terri Beam » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:01 pm

Another "Eye Spy" report from yours truly:

Delfino's Italian Bistro is now open in J-town (Hopewell Road which is right at the Taylorsville Road-Snyder Freeway interchange). In the grand Louisville tradition, it's in the former location of a short-lived Bearno's and other establishments, whose names I do not recall.

They have a Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/delfinositalianbistro

They have a website (with prices too)! http://www.delfinositalianbistro.com/

As usual, I spy things and post them before I actually dine there. :mrgreen: It will be interesting to see how it goes considering Hometown Pizza is just down the street in the Kroger shopping center.

And yes, entry # 2,546 (arbitrary number) in the pantheon of pizzerias in the Metro. At this rate, they'll be calling our fair city the Pizzatropolis or the Pizzatrophe or Pizzapocalypse.

Being a fan of Italian (even the pedestrian red sauce variety), I'll be checking it out at some point and post a report.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Delfino's Italian Bistro Open in J-Town

by Robin Garr » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:08 pm

Thanks for the Eye Spy, Terri! Always appreciated ...
no avatar
User

Bryan Shepherd

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:58 pm

Between Here and There

by Bryan Shepherd » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:57 pm

There was a Boombozz a few years ago in the same shopping center where Hometown Pizza is located. Nothing has lasted in the Bearno's location, but there is always a 1st!
BShep
no avatar
User

Ned A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:32 am

Irish Hill

by Ned A » Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:50 pm

Admittedly I am the sales rep for this account for Southern Wine & Spirits and have a vested interest, but just wanted to throw out there that I would not lump this in to the "pizza joint" pile. They are ding much, more than this and the pizza is really a small part of the menu compared to what else they are putting out there. As far as Hometown Pizza goes, I wouldn't be using Delfino's in the same way as Hometown, and they actually have a full bar with a cocktail program and a pretty nice wine list as well. I have only actually eaten there once so far as it is pretty far from where I live but what I had so far was great.
On-Premise Sales
Southern Wine & Spirits
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:46 pm

Thanks for the testimony, Ned. Sounds like Delfino will be worth a trip to check out!

Meanwhile, I hope you're doing well in your new(ish) position at Southern. Best wishes, and again, thanks for speaking up.
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:03 am

Delfino's scores as a casual Italian place. Couple of quirks: limited salad or vegetarian options, pretty heavy on the sauce and cheese. Probably the worst of all: Don't plan on an 8PM dinner on Saturday night unless you want to hear the caterwauling of karaoke. It wasn't pretty.