Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

NYC Restauranteur eyeing Louisville.

by Mark R. » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:10 pm

According to the story from insider Louisville the owners of ROC Italian bistro in the Tribeca section of NYC recently took on a liquor license for a building on Bardstown Road. It will be interesting to see what they bring to Louisville although I'm personally hoping for something Italian.

Here's the story:http://insiderlouisville.com/lifestyle_culture/dining/manhattan-restauranteurs-eying-bardstown-road-former-emma-lous-cafe/
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Beth Thorpe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:58 pm

Highlands

Re: NYC Restauranteur eyeing Louisville.

by Beth Thorpe » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:37 am

Would love some really good Italian. With East Coast roots and a decade in Chicago... I miss good Italian food.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:45 pm

Beth Thorpe wrote: I miss good Italian food.

Do places like Volare for high-end or DiFabio's for "family Italian" not ring your chimes, Beth?
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:15 pm

And Come Back In is pretty similar to the Chicago original!
Andrew Mellman
User

Beth Thorpe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:58 pm

Highlands

by Beth Thorpe » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:19 am

I have been to both. Neither one really does it for me really. Like DiFabio better in some ways. Volare is lovely, and has great service. Now, I may not have had the right thing, but in general it just seems like Italian places that I have been to in Louisville are just timid on flavor to me. Seeing some new places open up, and I am reading about a couple I didn't know about-- so maybe I will find my place. Good pasta is comfort food for me.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:35 pm

Beth Thorpe wrote:I have been to both. Neither one really does it for me really. Like DiFabio better in some ways. Volare is lovely, and has great service. Now, I may not have had the right thing, but in general it just seems like Italian places that I have been to in Louisville are just timid on flavor to me. Seeing some new places open up, and I am reading about a couple I didn't know about-- so maybe I will find my place. Good pasta is comfort food for me.

That definitely is my opinion also. I guess it depends on what type of Italian food you grew up eating.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Dan E

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:35 am

by Dan E » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:53 pm

More of a modern take, but I'm a huge fan of Cena. I worry about them as they often don't seem very crowded, while MBB above is always bustling.
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

by Richard S. » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:13 pm

Of course, Italian food is always going to taste better when you're in Brooklyn and there's a mug shot of Frank Sinatra hanging on the wall. We can get close here, though.