Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Moca Diner

User

Chris M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:10 pm

The Ville

Moca Diner

by Chris M » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:50 pm

New place going into the space once occupied by Buffalo Wings and Rings, Sora Sushi and very briefly by Shoyu off Chamberlain Lane way out in the way outness. Moca Diner, apparently opening tomorrow. Breakfast all day. Don't know what an "international diner" is, but I'd like to see something casual and fun succeed in that space.

https://www.facebook.com/mocadiner

First one to try it please give a review!
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

Re: Moca Diner

by Carla G » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:03 pm

Gee you would have thought with all those photos on their FaceBook page at least ONE of them would have been of the menu. Sshhhsh.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:59 pm

They already have a 5 star review. Interesting since they aren't even open yet.
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers
User

Chris M

{ RANK }

Foodie

The Ville

by Chris M » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:20 pm

Those were my first and second thoughts after looking at the page.
User

Steve H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:27 pm

Neanderthals rock!

by Steve H » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:24 pm

Steve Shade wrote:They already have a 5 star review. Interesting since they aren't even open yet.

Quality so fine, it transcends space and time!
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

by Kim H » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:44 pm

Hi! I was excited about this new restaurant as they're not far from our house, so I called them. I spoke with Anthony, who was very friendly, and excited about this new venture. It's been posted that they officially open on Tuesday, 6/9 at 4am, and he said for now, they will be open until 8pm. He gave me a little more insight/description of the international side of the menu. His wife will be doing some Hispanic type food, including Papusas! I believe he said she's from El Salvador, and his mother will be doing some Eastern European dishes where she's from. Most of these will be offered as specials as I understood, and in the pm (as opposed to breakfast). They already have their liquor license, and I believe he said they'll have a full bar. Anyway, he sounded very friendly and excited, as I mentioned, and is encouraging people to come out the first week to try them out (and is welcoming feedback!) I could hear his commitment in his voice, and am hoping to support him/them. We're planning on heading over there one evening next week, and I'll report back.
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

by Kim H » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:47 pm

I forgot to add that I encouraged him to post the menu, or at least pics of it on FB, which he said they're planning on doing next week. Indicated that the menu is quite large!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:34 pm

Kim, thanks so much for doing the digging! I can easily get over there when I'm out in that end of town (fairly often), and look forward to checking it out.
User

Chris M

{ RANK }

Foodie

The Ville

by Chris M » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:23 pm

Moca is open. They finally posted their menu to their Facebook page. Looks dinerish. Haven't been yet, but they seem to be drawing a decent crowd, especially at lunch.

I always give a new place a few weeks to work out the bugs. Anybody been yet?
no avatar
User

Kris Billiter

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

Downtown

by Kris Billiter » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:28 pm

We had a meal there a couple of Sunday nights ago. It was good. Still some kinks to be worked out, but good overall. I had breakfast food and my only complaint was that my over medium eggs were cooked solid all the way through. Hopefully it was just a mistake with a large party. Its the same owners of the bar down at the other end of the strip center. We will go back.