Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

NA Exchange

no avatar
User

John NA

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:09 pm

NA Exchange

by John NA » Sat May 30, 2015 3:56 pm

We celebrated my daughter's last day of school last evening and so we went to The Exchange in downtown New Albany.

I've been there a good number of times and last night it struck me. They are just a really good place. My daughter had a nicely made Old Fashioned and I had their Cocktail with No Name. It's bourbon based and so well made and presented. The meal was excellent. My daughter ordered a bowl of the mussels and clams and I'm kicking myself that I didn't order it. It was just amazing. I had the rigatoni covered with a short rib ragu (their spelling.) The pasta was cooked perfectly. My wife had their potato leek soup and a salad. The service was spot on, the drinks well made, and the food just great. New Albany has some really fine places, for sure.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: NA Exchange

by Robin Garr » Sat May 30, 2015 4:30 pm

Nice review, John, and thanks for sharing. You're right, too, New Albany has truly developed a restaurant "cluster" - more accurate name than "row" - that needn't sake second place to any of Louisville's restaurant rows/zones; and Exchange Pub & Kitchen is very much a player in that. I've enjoyed it every time we've gone over there.
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

Re: NA Exchange

by Andrew Mellman » Sat May 30, 2015 4:55 pm

John NA wrote:We celebrated my daughter's last day of school last evening . My daughter had a nicely made Old Fashioned.

I sincerely hope she's a teacher, and not a student? :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
Andrew Mellman