Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

Doc's Cantina in Business First

by TP Lowe » Fri May 29, 2015 12:55 pm

"Louisville already has too many Mexican restaurants to count. But the food quality and atmosphere that Falls City Hospitality Group brings to its restaurants will set Doc's Cantina apart, said Brett Davis, managing partner of the restaurant management company."

More here:

http://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/b ... -from.html
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: Doc's Cantina in Business First

by Mark R. » Fri May 29, 2015 8:26 pm

I certainly agree that we have a plethora of Mexican restaurants in Louisville. Of course the majority of them are out of the same mold (very Americanized Tex-Mex) and many of them seem to be run by the same people and have the same waitstaff. There are a couple that are well above the norm and much closer to real Mexican food and a couple of others (both run by Fernando) that are certainly something that any new Mexican restaurant coming into Louisville will have to really strive to beat in order to claim to be a great Mexican restaurant in Louisville! It will be interesting to see how Doc's Cantina shakes out. Hopefully they will really do something outstanding and make a name for themselves in that location. Of course almost anything would be a step up from this Tumbleweed that was there!
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Ray Griffith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:39 pm

Highlands

by Ray Griffith » Sun May 31, 2015 6:34 pm

Mexican/Tex Mex critical mass asside, I am just glad that a restaurant worthy of being on the Waterfront is now a possibility.

Tumbleweed down, Joe's Crapshack next!
no avatar
User

Rick Boman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:26 am

by Rick Boman » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:36 am

Ray Griffith wrote:Mexican/Tex Mex critical mass asside, I am just glad that a restaurant worthy of being on the Waterfront is now a possibility.

Tumbleweed down, Joe's Crapshack next!

Chef Jonathan will without a doubt have that place running smooth as glass, and food quality will be second to none. While I agree we have a plethora of Mexican places in town, Jonathan will make it interesting and outstanding, it is just what he does.