Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Nepali restaurant planned

no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

Nepali restaurant planned

by Rich S » Tue May 19, 2015 5:34 pm

Mount Everest View restaurant is supposed to open soon in Buechel, perhaps as early as next month. Its sign says it will be serving American, Indian and Nepali dishes. It's at 4109 Bardstown Road, next to a Nepali grocery store in the Buechel Station shopping center. (If you're driving south on Bardstown, it's on the left, between the railroad tracks and where Bardstown rejoins Buechel Bypass.)

Every time I drive on that stretch of road, I'm amazed by the variety of ethnic restaurants and shops. I wish LEO or the C-J would do a story about it.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Nepali restaurant planned

by Robin Garr » Tue May 19, 2015 6:44 pm

Rich S wrote:I wish LEO or the C-J would do a story about it.

I've touched on it in the past ... Bosnian eateries and bakery, Russian grocery, Syrian (or Jordanian?) eatery, and a Chinese grocery. Sounds like it's getting even more interesting!

Doesn't Clay Oven Indian over in Middletown also have some Nepali heritage, and some regional dishes on the menu?
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Tue May 19, 2015 7:36 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Doesn't Clay Oven Indian over in Middletown also have some Nepali heritage, and some regional dishes on the menu?

Yes, but only four items. Hopefully with another Nepali place Clay Oven will start offering more options!

CHOWMEIN (Chicken, Lamb or Vegetable) ..........................................................................................................................................$10.95
Stir fried noodles with seasonal vegetables and your choice of meat (chicken, lamb or vegetable), seasoned with soya sauce and
sprinkled with coriander.

CHICKEN MO:MO: (10pcs)..................................................................................................................................................................$10.95
Typical Nepali style Chicken dumplings with fresh coriander, ginger and garlic, steamed and served with home-made achar and
house salad.

SEL ROTI (3pcs).....................................................................................................................................................................................$9.95 A traditional style Nepali bread eaten mainly on festivals, made with rice flour, banana and other Nepali ingredients, served with
nepali achar and house salad.

GOAT CURRY .....................................................................................................................................................................................$12.95
Popular Nepali style goat curry (with Bones) served with rice.
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

by Iggy C » Tue May 19, 2015 10:46 pm

Great! Can't wait to try it.

FWIW, the momos at Clay Oven were pretty good, I thought.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed May 20, 2015 7:27 am

Iggy C wrote:FWIW, the momos at Clay Oven were pretty good, I thought.

Iggy, I think of momos as being classically Tibetan, but I guess they are like pupusas (and a lot of other things) ... they don't really respect political boundaries. :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Iggy C » Wed May 20, 2015 10:57 am

I did have some Tibetan ones at the Tibetan place in Bloomington recently -- they were good, too. The only difference was the sauce, as far as I could tell. Those were the only Tibetan ones I've tried, though.
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Rich S » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:53 pm

Apparently this place opened a couple of weeks ago. I can't find a menu, so I'm not sure how many Nepali dishes they offer, but their Facebook page has a lot of photos. Looks like it's worth a visit.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mt-Evere ... 4715437480
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:23 pm

Rich S wrote:Apparently this place opened a couple of weeks ago. I can't find a menu, so I'm not sure how many Nepali dishes they offer, but their Facebook page has a lot of photos. Looks like it's worth a visit.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mt-Evere ... 4715437480

Rich, if I remember correctly, Clay Oven Indian in Middletown has some Nepalis involved and a few Nepali dishes on the menu. Am I just making this up? I don't think so ...
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Rich S » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:32 pm

Rich, if I remember correctly, Clay Oven Indian in Middletown has some Nepalis involved and a few Nepali dishes on the menu. Am I just making this up? I don't think so ...

I believe you're right. See Andrew's comment earlier in this thread.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:42 pm

Rich S wrote:

I believe you're right. See Andrew's comment earlier in this thread.

Oh, d'oh! :oops: I just got in, and wasn't paying attention ... I thought this was a new thread.
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Iggy C » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:30 am

Glad to hear this opened -- gonna try to stop by this week.
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:48 am

The facebook page mentions a lunch buffet. Probably a good way to sample the cuisine.
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers
no avatar
User

juan.molina

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:27 pm

by juan.molina » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:50 pm

I hope to try some very hot food here :evil: