Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

jonathan.kiviniemi

{ RANK }

Just got here

Thu May 14, 2015 12:13 pm

Upcoming wine dinner at Brasserie Provence

by jonathan.kiviniemi » Thu May 14, 2015 12:19 pm

I am curious to know if anyone here will be attending the wine dinner next week on Tuesday at Brasserie Provence. They're having the owner of Italian winery Talamonti in to talk about the different wines as everyone goes through the meal. Here's the menu.

Talamonti Wine Dinner
With Special Guest Rodrigo Redmont
Family Proprietor of Azienda Vinicola Talamonti
Tuesday may 19th, 2015
Talamonti was founded in 2001 by the Di Tonno family, in a magnificent, unspoiled part of the Abruzzi. Our daily objective lies in constantly seeking the best interaction between the varietal in our vineyards, the sun-exposition, the training method, and the desired yield, with the sole desire to best express our unique terroir.

Reception 6:30PM
Trebi Trebbiano D'Abruzzo DOC 2013
100% Trebbiano, also known as Ugni Blanc, cultivated from stony, calcareous soils
Proscuitto di Parma, arugula pesto Crostini
Marinated octopus salad
Olive all’Ascolana

Dinner 7PM
Pasta
Moda Montepulciano D'Abruzzo DOC 2013
100% Montepulciano aged 6 months in 34hL French oak barrels
Fresh pappardelle, fire roasted tomatoes, spring peas, caramelized cremini mushrooms
Pesce
Kudos Rosso Colline Pescaresi IGT 2007
Talamonti’s flagship wine, a blend of 70% Montepulciano & 30% Merlot aged 24 months in French oak
Grilled Ahi tuna steak, asparagus, capers, olives, raisins, garlic, pine nuts, basil, parsley
Carne
Tre Saggi Montepulciano D'Abruzzo DOC 2011
100% Montepulciano aged 12 months in heavily toasted French oak barriques
Herb marinated hanger steak, balsamic glaze, polenta all’Abruzzese
Dolce
Ilauri Prosecco Extra Dry DOC NV
Fresh & ripe Extra Dry sparkling from 100% Glera
Lemon basil granita, pizzelle, strawberry coulis

Chef de Cuisine Edoardo Bacci
$65 per person plus tax and gratuity
Wines will be available for purchase with 15% discount through Westport Whiskey & Wine
For Reservations please call Guy Genoud 502-883-3153

If this isn't allowed here I apologize, admins feel free to move or delete if necessary.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Upcoming wine dinner at Brasserie Provence

by Robin Garr » Thu May 14, 2015 2:21 pm

jonathan.kiviniemi wrote:If this isn't allowed here I apologize, admins feel free to move or delete if necessary.

Hi, Jonathan! Welcome to the forum. Basically it's okay, but we do try to curate commercial posts. In this case I had actually posted it myself ...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23137&p=172304

... so Rule One is to look (use the search function for "Brasserie" or other fairly unique search term) and make sure it hasn't already been done.

Rule Two has to do with self-promotion. If you're just a happy fan of Brasserie Provence, that's good. If you work there, I'd prefer that you ask. And if you work there but couch an announcement in terms that cloak your connection, that's on the spammy side. (I'm not suggesting that you did that ... just outlining the parameters.)

So, again, basically letting our gang know about upcoming food-and-drink events is fine, but if you have a commercial connection, it's best to disclose it; or better yet, shoot me a PM to ask first.
no avatar
User

jonathan.kiviniemi

{ RANK }

Just got here

Thu May 14, 2015 12:13 pm

Re: Upcoming wine dinner at Brasserie Provence

by jonathan.kiviniemi » Fri May 15, 2015 1:41 pm

Robin, I will be sure to do that next time. I don't work for Brasserie, but I do work for the wine distributor. I did a quick scroll and didn't see the thread over it, my mistake. I'll pm you before hand next time.