Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

CJ review: Village Anchor

User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

CJ review: Village Anchor

by Robin Garr » Thu May 14, 2015 8:34 am

So, what do you all think? 3 1/2 stars.

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/en ... /27229917/
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

Re: CJ review: Village Anchor

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Thu May 14, 2015 12:35 pm

The last paragraph would seem to put to bed the speculation that editors, and not Ms. Miller herself, assign the star ratings.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu May 14, 2015 2:17 pm

Jeff Cavanaugh wrote:The last paragraph would seem to put to bed the speculation that editors, and not Ms. Miller herself, assign the star ratings.

I thought it might have been a private message that she intended to send to Kevin via Facebook inbox or something. :mrgreen:
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Thu May 14, 2015 2:26 pm

Village Anchor is one of the best restaurants in the area. The missing star is a mystery. Maybe due to the service gaffs, but otherwise, bizarre.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Thu May 14, 2015 8:09 pm

RonnieD wrote:Village Anchor is one of the best restaurants in the area. The missing star is a mystery. Maybe due to the service gaffs, but otherwise, bizarre.

Ronnie, your opinion of the restaurant is very different then our opinion of the restaurant. My wife and I feel it was very generous of her to give them 3 1/2 stars! It's true that the place has a nice vibe in the building is very pretty but that only goes so far. You are basically stuck eating outdoors or under what is basically a tent, getting to eat in the building itself is a privilege obviously held in reserve for special people. The food portions are quite small for the price they charge and it's really not something that exciting for us. Obviously some other people have different opinions but....
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Thu May 14, 2015 8:50 pm

I must be super special. I've been allowed to eat inside every time I have visited without so much as a whisper about eating anywhere else. (I wonder if it's my good looks...)

Never had a problem with portions either... (again, the looks)
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu May 14, 2015 8:55 pm

RonnieD wrote:I must be super special. I've been allowed to eat inside every time I have visited without so much as a whisper about eating anywhere else. (I wonder if it's my good looks...)

Never had a problem with portions either... (again, the looks)

We've eaten indoors now and then ... the Old Masters on the ceiling are cool. :D Other times we've eaten on the patio, but they've always explained that the (limited) indoor space is full. They do an amazing job of climate-conditioning that open space ... we've always been comfortable even on hellish summer evenings.
no avatar
User

Rob Coffey

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:17 pm

by Rob Coffey » Fri May 15, 2015 1:55 pm

The only time I have ever had to eat outside was on Oaks night last year. And on that night, I figure if you arent being served sitting on the roof of your car in the parking lot, you are in good shape.