Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Ann Marie's Bacon Bar

User

kathy m

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:54 pm

Ann Marie's Bacon Bar

by kathy m » Thu May 07, 2015 10:43 am

has anyone been yet ? --how may seats do they have ? --accept reservations ?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Ann Marie's Bacon Bar

by Robin Garr » Thu May 07, 2015 12:24 pm

Kathy, I guess you're looking at today's CJ review! :)

I haven't been, but it is a fairly large space, so there should be plenty of tables. Here's a discussion of it from last year, when the first reports came out:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22762&p=170168
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

by Richard S. » Thu May 07, 2015 12:41 pm

My wife and I went for lunch shortly after they opened, spurred by a spot on one of the morning news programs. It's got more of a worn-out sports bar feel to it. My wife wanted a particular dish that was featured on the TV spot, but apparently they had pulled it from the menu. This was quite a while ago, but my recollection is that they were out of the bacon-wrapped poppers, which was a disappointment. The BLTs were fine, but in general I was underwhelmed given the pre-opening hype.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu May 07, 2015 1:16 pm

Richard S. wrote:My wife and I went for lunch shortly after they opened ...

Richard, did they mention, or did you inquire, whether they are using locavore/pastured/Kentucky Proud pork or "industrial" meat? This makes a difference to a lot of people (including me), but the CJ report didn't mention it as far as I could tell.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu May 07, 2015 1:18 pm

Robin Garr wrote: using locavore/pastured/Kentucky Proud pork or "industrial" meat?

Okay, I called them, and they said they use "about five different kinds of bacon," but "it is all Kentucky Proud." Good for them!
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Thu May 07, 2015 10:17 pm

Robin Garr wrote:...whether they are using locavore/pastured/Kentucky Proud pork or "industrial" meat? This makes a difference to a lot of people (including me)...

OK, interesting to know you're back to the carnivore persuasion.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri May 08, 2015 7:59 am

Jay M. wrote:
Robin Garr wrote:...whether they are using locavore/pastured/Kentucky Proud pork or "industrial" meat? This makes a difference to a lot of people (including me)...

OK, interesting to know you're back to the carnivore persuasion.

Jay, it's best not to make any assumptions either way. I'm a 21st century food writer who seeks to cover the beat in all its forms. That's why it struck me odd that the CJ reporter didn't think it was important to inquire into the sourcing of the meat at a "bacon bar." This is a topic that a lot of people care about.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Fri May 08, 2015 10:18 am

Robin Garr wrote:That's why it struck me odd that the CJ reporter didn't think it was important to inquire into the sourcing of the meat at a "bacon bar." This is a topic that a lot of people care about.

We all know that she cares more about the décor of the restaurant and the people who run it than she does about the food. Why would we even begin to think she cares about where the food comes from?
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Tim Y

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon May 04, 2009 2:20 pm

by Tim Y » Thu May 14, 2015 6:21 pm

I like Greg and Ann Marie both, but I hate J-Town. :twisted: The police are all cheese dips! When I go, and hoping soon, I'll let somebody else drive. :lol:
User

Adriel Gray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:53 pm

Louisville Slugger

by Adriel Gray » Mon May 18, 2015 11:59 am

Tim Y wrote:The police are all cheese dips!

:D Magical :D