Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Save the date! 86 Addiction with The Healing Place

by Robin Garr » Wed May 06, 2015 5:03 pm

Save the date! 86 Addiction with The Healing Place

This is strictly unofficial, but I can’t wait to urge you to save the date, Wednesday, July 22, and plan to dine out in Louisville early and often on that day.

Local chefs and restaurants will soon be invited to join this effort by offering to pass along 10 percent of sales on that date to benefit The Healing Place, an award-winning local nonprofit that provides social support and medical assistance to homeless, hungry and addicted men and women at its campuses on West 10th and South 15th streets in the near West End.

The day, called “86 Addiction,” uses restaurant slang to claim its hope to “86” addiction to drugs and alcohol - an affliction that’s all too common in the industry - taking it off the menu now and forever.

If you’re a chef or restaurant manager and would like to get in on this project early, shoot me a PM here, on Facebook or email, and I’ll make sure you’re on the list.

The Healing Place
1020 W. Market St.
585-4848
http://www.thehealingplace.org
https://www.facebook.com/healingplacerecovery
User

Lauren Bearden

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:38 pm

St. Matthews

Re: Save the date! 86 Addiction with The Healing Place

by Lauren Bearden » Fri May 22, 2015 6:00 pm

Any updates on this? I have a loved one who's currently in the Healing Place and would love to start spreading the news about this if it's happening. Thanks!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Save the date! 86 Addiction with The Healing Place

by Robin Garr » Sat May 23, 2015 7:09 am

Lauren Bearden wrote:Any updates on this? I have a loved one who's currently in the Healing Place and would love to start spreading the news about this if it's happening. Thanks!

Lauren, i'm on the volunteer committee, and I'll pass along everything I know! Right now, the big focus is on recruiting restaurants to participate. I'm not involved in that, because as a food critic, it's awkward for me to ask favors, even for a good cause. But another meeting is coming up in the next week or two, and I'll report!

Mainly, save the date. July 22. It's going to happen!