Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Loop 22 closing

no avatar
User

Adam C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:43 pm

Camp Taylor aka Louisville's food desert

Loop 22 closing

by Adam C » Sun May 03, 2015 11:37 am

From their facebook page:

"Ladies and gentlemen, loop 22 will be shutting its doors permanently Sunday, May 24. Thank you so much for all of your support and such wonderful memories!!!! It has been a wild time and we have met so many wonderful people along this journey.
We are only closing to evolve, none of this is due to lack of support. Two of the three owners, (adam burress and chase mucerino of HAMMERHEADS and GAME) are staying with the location and will be remodeling to start a new and exciting food venture that you are going to love!! They will be unveiling details as it gets closer.
I (Eric Morris) will be departing from this venture to pursue some undisclosed things already in motion that I can't wait to tell you about, and also gearing up for my 2nd little girl due in august! I sincerely hope you have time to stop in and say hi and goodbye to us over the next 3 weeks. This staff is like family to me and that's the hardest part of all of this. They are hard-working wonderful people and they are the reason we had so many accomplishments. So much love to them!!!
We are still taking reservations up to the last day and know that the final weekend will be an epic blow out!! Hope you can take part. With much love, respect, and bacon grease, thanks everyone!!
-eric"

Dang.
no avatar
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

Re: Loop 22 closing

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Mon May 04, 2015 11:00 am

Sorry to see it go, but these guys can do no wrong. I'll eagerly anticipate whatever's next!
no avatar
User

Steve H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:27 pm

Neanderthals rock!

by Steve H » Mon May 04, 2015 3:12 pm

Here's some more info.
no avatar
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Mon May 04, 2015 8:39 pm

I smell Vernon Lanes/Club.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Wed May 06, 2015 7:49 am

I was not a fan of the physical plant at Loop 22. Anxious to see if they can upgrade the atmosphere at the next concept.
no avatar
User

Adam Robinson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:39 pm

by Adam Robinson » Wed May 06, 2015 4:27 pm

JustinHammond wrote:I smell Vernon Lanes/Club.

Vernon certainly has a much bigger parking lot. But IIRC the ask on the building is a little stiff for a new concept restaurant.