Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

The Goat

User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

The Goat

by JustinHammond » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:42 pm

Anybody been?

http://www.lcgoat.com/#about

700 Landis Ridge Dr.
Louisville, KY 40245

M-W 4p to 12a | Th-F 4p to 2a
Sa 10a to 2a | Su 10a to 12a

NOW OPEN!
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

Re: The Goat

by Andrew Mellman » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:04 pm

If the mantra of a restaurant is "location location location," this place doesn't stand a chance! I mean Christian Academy is growing, but other than that is there any reason to go there?
Andrew Mellman
User

Steve H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:27 pm

Neanderthals rock!

by Steve H » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:45 pm

I haven't been. But it looks like the developers like to put these restaurants with their apartment communities. Here's what looks like the info for the one here.
User

TracyBasham

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:58 pm

Brandenburg, Ky

by TracyBasham » Mon May 11, 2015 9:00 am

My husband & I ate dinner there last night.
As Steve said, its a restaurant on the grounds of a very large apt/condo complex.

The feel of the place is like a country club/clubhouse. The restaurant offers a volleyball court, pool, corn hole boards and some other games. The hostess said they are going to have volley ball tournaments in the summer & euchre tournaments in the winter. Lots of outdoor seating with views of the pool and a pond off in the distance.
Very nice bar area with TVs all around but not loud or at least it wasnt last night.

As for the food, we'll definitely go back. Appetizer was house made tater tots bumped up a notch with pork belly, sriracha mayo beer cheese. Very tasty!
For the main course we opted for a burger (bbq sauce, bacon, fried onions) and a pizza called Devil on goatback. It was the same pork belly & sriracha mayo as on the tots along with dates, spinach, grilled onions and cheese. The crust was quite unique. Not sure how to describe it but it made me think of a croissant dough that had been docked and not allowed to rise. We both enjoyed the pizza as the burger was just so-so.
no avatar
User

Adam D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:13 am

by Adam D » Mon May 11, 2015 12:21 pm

We live in this apartment community and have visited twice now. Super nice to have this place open where we can just walk down for a meal or to just hang out and drink a beer and watch a game. Once was for a "preview" night that had comped food and lots of samples. Honestly, everything we have tried has been very good. It is definitely better than your average pub grub spot (bdubbs, roosters) in my opinion...only thing is the cost is a bit escalated as well.

My wife and I went with some friends on Friday evening and all of the food was great. I got a Southwest burger that had chiptole mayo, jalapenos, and onion straws on it. The highlight of the dish were the "tots" that I subbed out the fries for. These aren't your normal JCPS tots...these were AMAZING. Only problem was there wasn't very many of them.

Food has been great - service has been a bit spotty. I'll chalk it up to them just working the kinks out for now as it is new and they are probably still trying to gauge how many staff they need on any specific nights.

Here is a link to the dinner/lunch menu as I didn't see it posted:

http://www.lcgoat.com/lunch-and-dinner-menu/