Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Helen Claiborne

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 29, 2010 7:15 pm

Prospect

Gracious Plenty is open in Prospect

by Helen Claiborne » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:00 pm

Gracious Plenty is open at 9207 US Highway 42, Suite A in Prospect (I live in Oldham County). This is just east of Kroger and behind the new Starbucks. It is a relative to the one operating at 2900 Brownsboro Road. This one has some inside seating. I am happy to have a place for fresh sandwiches and soups, plus, carry out meals already packaged. The desserts are delicious, with cookies and brownies (with or without nuts) my favorites. For me, Gracious Plenty, offers food that tastes homemade and I like the portion size. Also, salads.

Today I ordered a Club Sandwich that was freshly made for me. I did not get mayo on my sandwich, so fresh it did not need it. I also took home a piece of quiche and the pecan cookies with glaze.

Well, I welcome Gracious Plenty to Prospect. :)
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Gracious Plenty is open in Prospect

by Robin Garr » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:22 pm

Thanks for the review, Helen! I'll have to head over for Prospect the next time I'm out that general direction.
User

Jeffrey D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:49 am

Prospect

by Jeffrey D. » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:50 am

OMG! I feel so bad about not noting Helen's review sooner. Went to Gracious Plenty for the first time last night. Prepared stuff you can take home, fresh sandwiches and soup and specials each night to eat in or take out. We ate there last night, both having the special: delicious chicken piccata with a small serving of tender asparagus, generous serving of wild rice, yeast roll and a side cobb salad to die for. TEN BUCKS! I've paid that much or more just for cobb salads not much larger and certainly not as good as this one. This has to be the best deal in town for really good, home-cooked food. Can't wait to go back. And really can't wait to try their breakfast menu served on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Really nice people, too.

It's in Prospect, behind Stock Yards Bank and next door to the execrable Los Aztecas. Do yourself a favor and go . . . asap!
My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
no avatar
User

Robin F.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:50 am

by Robin F. » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:37 am

I was there recently for lunch and had a yummy chicken salad sandwich. I'm pretty picky about my chicken salad.
User

Jeffrey D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:49 am

Prospect

by Jeffrey D. » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:45 pm

Been back a couple of times since my glowing report, above. Not quite as impressed with these. Went on hamburger night and the burger was reheated - not cooked to order. Side salad with it was great. Went Sunday morning for breakfast and food not as hot as one would like. Won't try breakfast again. They have limited service and that might have something to do with it. It is really more of a catering operation with reheatable carryouts pre-made than a sit-down restaurant, although there are some tables where you can sit down.
My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.