Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Doug A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:47 pm

Highlands

Anyone been to 8 Up since the chef and management changes?

by Doug A » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:05 pm

Need a place to take my brother who is in town from California, but have not seen any reports since the changes in staffing have happened.

We were pretty impressed at the soft opening and had been there a couple of times with the previous staff, but was hoping for a current report\review from someone.

Thanks-Doug
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

Re: Anyone been to 8 Up since the chef and management change

by Jay M. » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:30 pm

We were there on April 11 and enjoyed it very much. The outdoor patio was open, although it does appear minor work remains to be done to complete it. We had a drink outside; it's a great space that will be slammed on nice days once folks realize it's open. It was a beautiful late afternoon, and the area was busy and vibrant but not overwhelmed.

Dinner was hanger steak for me and short ribs for my guest - both very good. Service was excellent and very attentive to the fact that we were attending a show downtown with gentle reminders to keep us on track. We asked to meet the new FOH manager. She was personable and accomodating and opened my wine selection from a list that bears the unmistakable and lingering imprint of wine guru Len Stevens (three selections from California producer Rochioli Vineyards). We had the Chave Crozes Hermitage (that's Yann Chave, not J.L. Chave :) )

Hope you and your brother enjoy it.
User

Jeremy J

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:30 am

Louisville, KY

by Jeremy J » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:42 pm

Julie DeFriend, the new GM is killing, as she did at the Oak Room, Jeff Ruby's, and Azalea before. She's a consummate pro.
no avatar
User

Doug A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:47 pm

Highlands

by Doug A » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:53 pm

Thanks, doesn't sound like they've missed a beat.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:14 am

The CJ went today, and the review is so ... unusual ... that I need to post on it separately. :shock:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23122