Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

prospect brunch club

no avatar
User

Will Terry

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon May 04, 2009 4:00 pm

prospect brunch club

by Will Terry » Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:47 am

Just ate Breakfast in the Japanese steakhouse in prospect.

New breakfast option open Thursday through Sunday 7 to 2.

Pretty standard brunch fare. An interesting looking bacon burger. I got an amazing panini with eggs, cheese and sausage. Everything was spot on.

Wife got a huge order of pancakes that were good. 2 year old wouldn't share her bacon.. I distracted her and stole a bite. Delicious.

$25 after sodas and tip.

It's not going to redefine your concept of brunch, but it's a solid option and great for prospect.

Location: hanabi steakhouse in the Kroger strip mall in prospect. 42 and timber ridge. Next door to bistro 42.
Last edited by Will Terry on Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

Carol C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:26 pm

Re: prospect brunch club

by Carol C » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:21 pm

Will, which place is Prospect? Sounds interesting! Thenks, we'll look forward to trying it.
no avatar
User

Will Terry

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon May 04, 2009 4:00 pm

by Will Terry » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:27 pm

Hanabi is the regular restaurant. It's in the Kroger strip mall near the bristol and bistro 42.

One negative, the soda tasted off. Not bad, just either older or the dispenser hadn't been cleaned. Not sure they have control of that aspect, though.

Edited original post for location clarity. Not sure how close it is to the original sears building, though.
User

Robert Carnighan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:47 am

none

by Robert Carnighan » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:19 pm

Warning! I went to their web page two times and each time two viruses were blocked by AVG. Using Firefox on Windows XP.
User

Paul S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:11 pm

Goshen

Prospect Breakfast Club

by Paul S » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:30 pm

I went with my family and thought the food was excellent. Unless it changed, I believe the name of the restaurant is Prospect Breakfast Club. Here's what looks to be a related Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Prospect-Breakfast-Club/810477722377005 As for the website, the domain is registered, but there's no content yet. (per the chef)

Chef Alastair moved to Hanabi from Burning Bush where he was serving breakfast prior to the move. I think he said he was previously at Blackstone also. It's a similar concept to Breakfast by Superchef as they lease the space during hours that the other occupying restaurant is closed. Right now, they are renting half of the space so breakfast is being served on the hibachi side of the restaurant. He said they plan to eventually occupy both sides of the restaurant which is good because the other side has more of a diner vibe to it.

I can see this being our main breakfast spot for the foreseeable future.
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:10 pm

Just tried this place today for breakfast. I left with mixed feelings.

First, I almost missed it. I did not know it shared space with the Japanese restaurant. (The breakfast thread - here on LHB where I originally heard of PBC did not mention it. Their Face Book page did not mention it.) After driving through the shopping center looking at all the commercial signage I happened to notice a hand lettered sign in the window. I was almost on my way to The Bristol instead. BUT...I am happy I found it.

There were only 2 young ladies both doing double duty on the door and waiting tables. One seemed new and rather inexperienced so things were a wee bit hectic. A third person would have helped immensely. Still, they were friendly and chipper. The menu offered lots of tasty looking options. I settled on Andrew's Heirloom Benedict. (Poached eggs on English muffins with hollendase, tomatoes, spinach and blue cheese. ) After placing my order I settled in to read a bit until my food came. 4 chapters later it still had not arrived and , counting myself, there were only 5 tables there. I figured there was a problem in the kitchen. Coffee was good in the mean time. When I did get my meal one of the eggs was poached perfectly, the other the yolk was cooked through. The spinich was watery on the eggs. The hollendase was quite tasty. There was almost no Bleu cheese at all on the eggs. The hash brown casserole served with it was really good. Really enjoyed that. All in all it just seemed like the meal came out of an overly hurried kitchen . Not bad but not great either.

The other thing that was a negative, for me at least, was the dinner time lighting. Rather dark and subdued. Obviously because they were using the space for a dinner restaurant and simply did not have the lighting in place for a breakfast "feel". Personally I like a brighter, get your day started, well lit area for breakfast. If I was nursing a bad hangover however it would have been fine.

I think I will return because I honestly think the negatives were due simply to some unforseeable circumstances. That could happen anywhere. If there were 1/2 dozen other breakfast options in the same area it would be a while until I would try them again however. But that's just me.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson