Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Habana Blues

no avatar
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

Habana Blues

by Gayle DeM » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:04 pm

It appears that Habana Blue is in the midst of its move. http://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/news/2014/10/23/where-is-habana-blues-going.html?page=all
Does any know when it is reopening?
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
no avatar
User

Lisa Stephenson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:06 pm

Jeffersonville, IN

Re: Habana Blues

by Lisa Stephenson » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:34 am

I believe they are open, according to their new FB page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Habana-B ... 59?fref=ts
no avatar
User

Paul T Carney

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue May 08, 2007 12:08 pm

by Paul T Carney » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:58 pm

They're still remodeling the new location, but it looks like they're making good progress.
Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
– Terry Pratchett
no avatar
User

Bill P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:20 am

Depauw, IN

by Bill P » Sat May 23, 2015 5:41 pm

This may be old news, but Habana Blues has re-opened and their new space is very well done. The remodel was certainly not done on the cheap. Six of us went there for lunch today after a stroll through the NA Farmers Market. They open at noon, but we poked our noses in the door around 11:30 and they graciously allowed us in and served drinks until the kitchen opened at Noon. Everyone had good things to say about the food (grouper sandwich, braised beef ribs, seared scallops, bean soups) and the service was friendly, superbly paced and top notch. Very welcoming. The only complaints I heard were that the Cuba Libres were a bit too sweet and the beer taps are still a week or two away from reality.

We'll be back.