Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Mike Hardin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:24 am

Is Windy City pizza kid friendly?

by Mike Hardin » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:23 am

My birthday is Friday and I'm really in the mood for deep-dish pizza. I want to try Windy City but have a 4.5 month old son who'll be along. Are Fridays there rowdy or noisy (which might be a little much for him) or will anyone even notice a fairly well-behaved little one?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Is Windy City pizza kid friendly?

by Robin Garr » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:17 am

Mike Hardin wrote:My birthday is Friday and I'm really in the mood for deep-dish pizza. I want to try Windy City but have a 4.5 month old son who'll be along. Are Fridays there rowdy or noisy (which might be a little much for him) or will anyone even notice a fairly well-behaved little one?

Mike, I think of Windy City as a distinctly family-friendly place in spite of it looking a little bit like a South End bar from out front. Why not give them a call, if you feel more comfortable with reassurance? Call 636-3708 and ask for Matthew.
no avatar
User

Adrian Baldwin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:29 pm

Louisville, KY

by Adrian Baldwin » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:21 am

Mike,

There are only about 6 -7 tables in the entire restaurant, doubt it will be too hectic for your little one.

The times I've been there, i rarely see many people dining in. Seems more of a carry out place to me, you should be fine...
no avatar
User

Bryan Shepherd

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:58 pm

Between Here and There

by Bryan Shepherd » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:20 pm

Mike,

If you have never been, boy are you in for a treat!!!! Make sure you give yourself plenty of time, as the pies take a while to cook.

Enjoy!
BShep
no avatar
User

Gretchen D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:18 pm

the Highlands

by Gretchen D. » Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:36 pm

We really like Windy City for deep dish and have been there a couple of times on Friday nights and like it has been said, the place is not too big and it has never been rowdy. I recommend paying the extra $1 to get your crust crisped as I think it makes it taste more like true Chicago style pizza. Also, when we take our kids we usually call our order in when we are leaving the house so we don't have to wait as long once we get there. If you know what you want this is ideal when dining with a baby.

Enjoy! My favorite is spinach and garlic, mmmmm!
no avatar
User

Mike Hardin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:24 am

by Mike Hardin » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:07 am

Thanks for the advice, Gretchen. I'm new to the Dad thing and calling ahead makes great sense.