Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Jason G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:18 pm

Re: Hammerheads, Never EVER Again

by Jason G » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:31 am

I've been to HH once. Food was pretty damn good and I have no complaints about the service I received. I never went back though mostly because its out of the way for me and I don't feel like driving a long distance to eat in a crowded hot basement full of hipsters.

A lot of people in this city act like this is the best restaurant to ever grace Louisville...its not. I mean hey if eating in a dive with rude service if your thing...by all means eat there every night. I just don't necessarily think it would be the first place that comes to mind when someone from out of town asks where to eat. Its definitely unique. I would say if you are hitting 10 places maybe give it a try, but if you are only hitting a couple, I'd pass.
no avatar
User

John S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:11 pm

by John S » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:32 pm

Doug Davis wrote:[So I reached out to the local health department inspector working today, since there seemed to be some confusion on this topic. As Marsha say's above and the food inspector verified to me by phone holding a customer's left behind to go boxes at the server station or bar, for a bit is not a violation. It would in fact be just like having prepped a to-go order for someone.

This is counter to my experience when I worked in food service. If something that crossed the restaurant-to-customer barrier, it better be in a trash can when it comes back across that line or you could be sure that the health department would count that as a violation.
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:25 pm

john,

I'm pretty sure as long as it doesn't go back to the kitchen (or to a food prep area), you are clear. Like others suggested, it is likely that the best place to hold it is wherever take-away orders are held for pick up. No problems there.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
User

Ron H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:10 pm

by Ron H » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:15 pm

I had a vastly different experience at Four Pegs the other day. The wife and I went in for some chicken and waffle sandwiches on St. Patrick's Day, had a nice meal, and then we boxed up the leftovers and left. Boxed up, but didn't take. The nice girl at the bar was smart enough to grab our food and hold it for us so that when we came back 30 minutes later, it was still there and we could take it home. Thumbs up for good customer service.
"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2000 of something." - Mitch Hedberg
no avatar
User

Steve Kluesner

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:37 pm

So. Indiana

by Steve Kluesner » Tue May 05, 2015 11:49 am

I feel your pain as I have left some good food on the table and walked right out.

I don't like the way they treated you.

However, I think you are not without fault. Take some ownership for leaving the leftovers on the table. What they did was bad and if you choose not to go back then they will be sorry as well. It happens. I wish the world were perfect but the days of people looking out for one another are gone.....not sure if it ever existed.

You had your kid and you were worried about her getting sleepy....but then again, I have to question your choice of having a couple of beers and then driving your kid home. I know, just a couple of beers, right....I am a stick in the mud.
Previous