Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

John S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:11 pm

The Grape Leaf - No Alcohol Allowed?

by John S » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:17 pm

I noticed a signed taped to the front door of The Grape Leaf tonight. It stated that alcohol is not allowed on the premises due to Louisville ABC. Does anyone know the details of what lead to this?
User

Jessica H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:25 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: The Grape Leaf - No Alcohol Allowed?

by Jessica H » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:24 pm

BYO (such as Grape Leaf has allowed for a long time) is actually not legal in the state of Kentucky. Many establishments have turned their heads away and allowed it as long as people are discreet about it, but if it becomes too common of a practice, ABC usually gets wind of it and shuts down the practice (usually with fines). My guess would be that this happened at The Grape Leaf.
Jessica Haskell
Owner
Sweet Surrender Dessert Cafe
http://www.sweetsurrenderdessertcafe.com
no avatar
User

Mike D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:29 pm

Re: The Grape Leaf - No Alcohol Allowed?

by Mike D » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:17 am

I was not aware that Grape Leaf formerly allowed BYOB. I thought I heard years ago that there was no alcohol at all on their premises because the owner(s) are Muslim. We like their food but always get carry out - one reason is the no-alcohol thing.