Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

RichardM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:18 am

Louisville, KY

New Restaurant - the Table opening Fall 2015

by RichardM » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:14 pm

Certainly not a new concept but very new to the Louisville Food Arena is the concept of paying what you can for lunch. That is the principle behind the restaurant, the Table which will open in the Fall of 2015 in Portland. Located in the Promise Building, on Portland Ave at 18th St, the Table will serve lunch.

They are in the early stages of development but own the building, have the financing, and professional staff. I have sampled food from the lady who is heading up the kitchen. She did lunch at a retreat 2 days after the snowmegedon of 2015 and without any doubt she made the best chili I have ever eaten.

Yes it is a little ways off but you need to mark you calendars for September 2015 to remember to check on the opening.

Here is a teaser card to look at: http://berndowsenterprise.com/the-table-restaurant/

I will keep you all updated as things progress.

Maybe I can get them to do a soft opening lunch for the Louisville Hot Bytes crowd.

Richard Lord Meadows, Earl of Vienna, Marquess of Morgantown and Westover, Baronet of Parkersburg, and West Virginia’s Ambassador to the Portland Neighborhood.