Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

Re: West Louisville FoodPort gets $1 million grant

by Iggy C » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:52 pm

"the project was scrapped because of community uproar about white folks trying to come into black communities and 'colonize them.'"

Is there any evidence for any of this, or this just Trumpian race-baiting?
no avatar
User

bob.durbin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:20 am

by bob.durbin » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:08 pm

Iggy C wrote:"the project was scrapped because of community uproar about white folks trying to come into black communities and 'colonize them.'"

Is there any evidence for any of this, or this just Trumpian race-baiting?

That's taken directly from the news article that was originally printed about this story yesterday. As for your "Trumpian race baiting," you might want to watch that there talk buddy. Idk how many of your fellow Kentucky folk will appreciate you speaking so poorly about their leader.

Edit: Quote and link to article

“Colored folk are tired of being colonized by people outside our community. …I don’t know how you have the nerve and audacity to come down here and propose such a ludicrous idea to us,” said a man who didn’t identify himself, except to say he is a Shawnee property owner and a silent partner in his sister’s restaurant Sweet Peaches.

http://insiderlouisville.com/business/r ... -foodport/
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:25 pm

And in other articles, several of "those guys" spoke out in support of the plan.
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

by Iggy C » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:53 pm

Apologies for jumping to conclusions.
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Bullitt County KY

by BevP » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:10 am

This is so sad, I am a 57 yr old white female that my family was living in the Portland are of town when I was born but in 1962 we moved to 37th and Broadway. We had a very nice large home that I loved dearly, we dealt with the riots of 68 I was a scared child of 9 but still we stayed.It took someone shooting at our home on Christmas night 1971,the bullet hit a stud in the wall between me and my Dad...we left that night and only went back to get our things....We were the last white family on our block to go. I don't hold grudges just wish we could all share the whole city, I miss being comfortable going back and visiting my old neighborhood
Previous