Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Wasabya Closed? Shady?

no avatar
User

Jason H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:01 pm

Wasabya Closed? Shady?

by Jason H » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:05 pm

Just realized Wasabiya is officially closed for good. Now I know about a month or so ago that I read Eggs over Frankfurt was opening a 2nd location somewhere in Baxter Station and now I know where.

My question for the loyal Hotbytes members is why is Wasabiya closed? I remember a little over 5 years ago an article in the Leo stating that Baxter Station had trouble keeping business in that address. Well Wasabiya made it more than 4 years which is a good run. Honestly they seemed to do good business and received great reviews. After some internet research I got the vibe that something shady has went down. As much as I would love another brunch spot in the original highlands, Wasabiya appeared in my eyes as to doing enough business to stay open in that location.

If I were to find out anything shady has happened to any business in let alone Wasabiya, I will boycott the new business. Just sayin'.

Anyone with any info on this recent turn of events please clarify because I loved Wasabiya and do not see where they did not have enough business to stay open.
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: Wasabya Closed? Shady?

by Suzi Bernert » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:27 pm

We like Wasabyia too. The last time we were in, the owner told us that the rent had become too high and he could not come to a compromise with the landlord. He indicated some issues with conditions of the lease, too. He was looking for a new location, but had not found one yet. Don't count them out, he may be back. :)
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
no avatar
User

Rob S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:42 am

Re: Wasabya Closed? Shady?

by Rob S » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:22 pm

Does anybody know a timeline for Eggs Over Baxter to open?