Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Local Social Site

User

Allen P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:38 pm

Valley Station, Kentucky

Local Social Site

by Allen P » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:36 am

Hi everyone...

I'm doing this to keep my programming skills sharp. Unfortunately due to a head injury I've been suffering a lot of migraines and don't have the ability to spread the word about a site I have developed. I'm quite proud of it and would like to invite everyone to take a look at it. It's the culmination of about two and a half years of every now and then hacking.

Unfortunately I have zero artistic ability and I don't have a logo yet, but everything is working.

Can everyone please visit http://derbycity.us and feel free to critique it in the forum... let me know what you guys think.

I mean no disrespect to Louisvillehotbytes.com but want to provide a safer more localized venue than craigslist and other sites with a dose of fun.

If you want to write articles I will gladly accept them. But remember this is a hobby for someone who is disabled it's not a business... everything I am doing is free to the community.

Allen
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: Local Social Site

by Mark R. » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:49 pm

Allen, nice-looking website, it certainly looks like you put a lot of work into setting it up. I thoroughly don't see where conflicts with this site at all and could be a nice addition to the Louisville online presence. Like you I'm also disabled and spent a lot of time online. Also like you, I'm not very good artistically except for things I can drive with AutoCAD but I have an idea for your logo, how about a fleur-de-lis inside of a horseshoe? That would certainly represent Louisville.

You also have a PM from me.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"