Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Con Huevos ... looking good!

User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Con Huevos ... looking good!

by Robin Garr » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:54 pm

We wandered over a little before noon and found the place slammed, but they were really rocking it. Nice people crunching out really good Mexican breakfast! Lunch, too, I'm sure, but the lunch menu wasn't on quite yet. Details later, but a filling lunch for three came in a few pence under 25 bucks plus tip, and everybody we saw in the little 22-seat place looked very happy.

(For those requesting geographical references, it's the former Sari Sari location at 2339 Frankfort, next door to El Mundo. I'll leave it to others to calculate the distance to the old Sears building in Garrs. :mrgreen: )
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: Con Huevos ... looking good!

by Mark R. » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:32 pm

I saw some pictures over on Facebook, I believe you posted one of them, and everybody there sure looked happy and the place looked like it had a good vibe! Will have to renew our Visa for travel down that way and check them out.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

by Iggy C » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:43 pm

We went this morning -- got huevos rancheros, a chorizo torta, coffee, and oj. It really took me back to Mexico. Everything was great. We will definitely be back.
no avatar
User

Orlando Grimany

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:21 pm

Louisville, KY

by Orlando Grimany » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:51 pm

I work with one of the owners, Jesus Martinez, at Brown-Forman. Went for lunch Friday afternoon and had the pork tacos, and the ground beef tacos, and my wife had the chicken tinga tacos. Then my wife and I saw a plate of poached eggs chilaquiles come out and decided to get one of those, too lol Everything was delicious! The interior is so beautifully decorated. I loved everything about it! My wife and I will definitely be back. I wish them luck and lots of success :-)
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:34 pm

Went this morning and it was fantastic! Delicious food, very good service, and a charming little space and decor. I'll take the kids again sometime during spring break. I'd recommend having a plan B in case of crowds, as the seating fills up quickly.