Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Bourbons Bistro's 10th birthday cockatil

by Robin Garr » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:25 pm

Yes, this cocktail does cost $141. But check the details.

On April 26th, Bourbons Bistro is turning 10 years old! To celebrate, a special birthday cocktail, “The Decader,” will be on offer from April 1-26.

“The Decader” includes a Bourbons Bistro personally selected barrel bourbon. “The Decader” is either served on the rocks or neat and is served in a Bourbons Bistro labeled Glencairn glass, that is yours to take home. The Bourbons Bistro selected bourbon is truly a one-of-a-kind single barrel chosen by our owner, Jason Brauner.

Bourbons Bistro is the only place in the world where you can enjoy this exceptional bourbon. Because our birthday is less than a week from Derby 141,“The Decader” has a special price of $141 in honor of the 141st running of the Kentucky Derby.

The most exciting two minutes in sports. With every “Decader” purchased, a percentage of the proceeds will be donated to the Jockeys’ Guild. Once you have purchased “The Decader”, your name will be automatically entered for a drawing to spend a day privately selecting a bourbon barrel with Bourbons Bistro owner, Jason Brauner. Once the barrel has been selected the winner will receive their very own bottle, of the chosen bourbon, with their name inscribed on the label.

Upcoming Events

Sunday, April 5th—Join us for Easter Brunch. For $18 per person, enjoy an unlimited amount of your breakfast favorites. The brunch will be from 10 am to 2 pm.

Sunday, April 26—It’s our 10 year anniversary and we will be celebrating. Join us for evening specials, live music, and fun galore!

Monday, April 27—Marty McGhee is back! Known Handicapper, Marty McGhee will be hosting his annual handicapping dinner at Bourbons Bistro. This $65 per person dinner begins at 6:30.

To make a reservation, call 894-8838.
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

Re: Bourbons Bistro's 10th birthday cockatil

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:39 pm

I still don't understand why it costs a hundred and forty-one dollars.
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:58 pm

Funniest thing I've read all day
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:30 pm

Jeff Cavanaugh wrote:I still don't understand why it costs a hundred and forty-one dollars.

Charitable donation. And swag.

With every “Decader” purchased, a percentage of the proceeds will be donated to the Jockeys’ Guild. Once you have purchased “The Decader”, your name will be automatically entered for a drawing to spend a day privately selecting a bourbon barrel with Bourbons Bistro owner, Jason Brauner. Once the barrel has been selected the winner will receive their very own bottle, of the chosen bourbon, with their name inscribed on the label.
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:55 pm

^ Reads as, "We're gonna massively boost our margins on any gullible rubes who will buy this, and disguise it with a token donation and a giveaway."

Maybe that's just my cynical side showing, though!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:56 pm

Jeff Cavanaugh wrote:^ Reads as, "We're gonna massively boost our margins on any gullible rubes who will buy this, and disguise it with a token donation and a giveaway."

Maybe that's just my cynical side showing, though!

I hear ya, Jeff. They're decent folks, though, and Jason is a good man, so I'm going to go with that.