Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Fried Chicken

no avatar
User

Margie L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:47 pm

Fried Chicken

by Margie L » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:47 pm

It has been ages since I had really great fried chicken, but I think I may have finally scratched that itch. Went to Old Stone Inn tonight for a get together and ordered a fried chicken dinner to go. It was transcendent. Two breasts, on the bone of course, juicy, but done, with a beautifully thin, crispy, well seasoned crust. Most people don't get the seasoning right, and this one was just full of spicy, salty, peppery goodness.

Just had to put it out there for those of you whose fried chicken levels might be getting dangerously low. :D
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Fried Chicken

by Robin Garr » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:00 am

Thanks for the report, Margie! Old Stone Inn falls off my radar because it was a great place so many years ago, closed for a long time, and then somehow just doesn't get the attention after eventually reopening under new owners.
no avatar
User

Margie L

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Margie L » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:22 pm

Robin, I hadn't been there in a long time. They don't have eggplant casserole or corn pudding like way back in the day, but I'll be happy to go back for the fried chicken. All of the food I saw when I was there looked good and smelled great. You might want to visit. It would make for a nice spring drive down US 60.
no avatar
User

Bryan Shepherd

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:58 pm

Between Here and There

by Bryan Shepherd » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:00 pm

The fam recently went to Our Best in Smithfield a few weeks back and the chicken was rockin. I always enjoy the ride out there, but we don't go too often.
BShep
no avatar
User

Margie L

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Margie L » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:10 pm

I'm glad to hear that Bryan. I haven't been there in a while, since they lost their way trying to expand.