Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Clifton's Pizza celebrates 25th this weekend

by Robin Garr » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:56 am

Has it really been that long? Clifton's Pizza is turning 25, and celebrating with fun and discounts.

The pizzeria's owner, Mark Langley, reports, "we opened on March 20, 1990 and therefore will be celebrating 25 years next weekend. We will mark the occasion with giveaways and discounts all weekend (March 20-22) including 25% off all large pizzas."

Clifton's Pizza
2230 Frankfort Ave.
893-3730
http://cliftonspizza.com
no avatar
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

Re: Clifton's Pizza celebrates 25th this weekend

by RonnieD » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:21 am

Hooray! And perfect timing with a certain roundball tournament that kicks off this weekend as well...
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
no avatar
User

Mike D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:29 pm

by Mike D » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:49 am

Hmm...I sense an opportunity here. Friday is first day of Spring and forecast for Saturday is 65 degrees. In the spirit of the long-revered Bambi Walk, I could see an "Avenue Walk" in my future.

Lots of options, so recognizing that I am failing to mention a number of my neighborhood favorites, here goes...

Let's start with a beer at the bar at Craft House. Then an app at El Mundo - maybe guacamole and chips. Followed by a short walk to the Rover for another pint. Then a nice stroll down to Clifton's Pizza for that 25%-off pie. Dessert??? Sure....another nice stroll down to Sweet Surrender for a slice of one of their outstanding cakes. Is there room left for a cone at Comfy Cow on the way home? I'm guessing the answer is "Yes."
no avatar
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

by RonnieD » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:44 pm

there is always room for the Cow.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:58 pm

How about an Imperial Roll appetizer at Basa, along with a comparison bourbon flight at Bourbon Bistro enroute?
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

Mike D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:29 pm

by Mike D » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:59 pm

RonnieD wrote:there is always room for the Cow.

There should be....but what if I add Andrew's two stops (I'm not much of a bourbon guy but in this case I might make an exception) along with red beans and rice from J. Gumbo's, spanakopita from Grape Leaf, a little something from Osaka....NOW it's getting tough!
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:17 pm

Mike D wrote:There should be....but what if I add Andrew's two stops (I'm not much of a bourbon guy but in this case I might make an exception) along with red beans and rice from J. Gumbo's, spanakopita from Grape Leaf, a little something from Osaka....NOW it's getting tough!

Leave a little love for Caffe Classico! An espresso drink at least, and maybe a little pastry ... although the Belgian-style cone-o-frites is hard to pass by!
no avatar
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

by RonnieD » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:25 pm

Just picked up our pie. Cannot wait to dig in! Thank your Clifton's Pizza for making the best pizza in Louisville. Here's to another 25 years!
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY