Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Banh Mi Hero

no avatar
User

James Tyler

{ RANK }

Just got here

Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:29 pm

Banh Mi Hero

by James Tyler » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:37 pm

I noticed today that Bahn Mi Hero is open. I knew they were going to revamp their menu and I thought change their name. The sign has not changed.
Has anyone been there since they reopened?
no avatar
User

Alanna H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:11 pm

Colorado Springs

Re: Banh Mi Hero

by Alanna H » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:02 pm

Haven't gotten a chance to try it yet, but they have a new FB page under the new name "Yen Hapa" and they included a copy of the menu in their pictures. Looking forward to trying their pho!
no avatar
User

Mary Anne

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville: Highlands

by Mary Anne » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:10 pm

Given Lee Tran's pedigree I never doubted he'd knock the pho out of the ballpark. I was right. I went in tonight with a friend and we wallowed in the menu as best we could. Potstickers were great, my only complaint was they were served in a parchment lined basket which soaked up the delicious sauce they were basking in. I considered sucking on the paper, but figured that might be a little much. I ordered the char-grilled lemongrass pork noodles, bun cha I think? Delicious, pork was tender and flavorful, lots of herbs and lettuce, noodles noodles everywhere. :D Portion size was perfect. My friend got the Bun Bo Hue. Equally tasty. Big bowl of soup, she took the leftovers home. I ended up bringing home an order of the Bun Bo Hue for lunch tomorrow, she took home a Banh Mi Hero as well. They have a Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/yenhapa?ref=br_tf. Also attaching the menu scan. Go there. Now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
no avatar
User

Adam Robinson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:39 pm

by Adam Robinson » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:45 pm

Shortest review ever: It was pretty good.