Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Bison

no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Bison.

by Doogy R » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:03 pm

I would check the prices of all the other places compared to KY Bison Co. For example, a pound of bulk ground bison at KBC is $4.45 a pound and at Creekside Outpost it's $17.99 for 2 pounds. I'm not sure, but I think Creekside obtains their bison from KBC. Just a suggestion.

Either way, I have really been enjoying the bison I purchased at KY Bison Co. And no, I do not work there or have any sort of affiliation with them. I just love bison, I'm glad to buy a locally raised product and their pricing structure fits my budget.

Gosh, this guy is a big boy.

Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:41 pm

And Preferred Meats in Sellersburg...I was there today and they recently started carrying it.

Deb
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Bison.

by Doogy R » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:57 am

I just whipped up a good ol plate of KY bison sausage and scrambled eggs. Oh my, oh my, oh my.....more words later....I shall never eat beef again if I can help it.

I know it doesn't look good, but it was FANTASTIC. Go to http://www.kybisonco.com/

Sorry for the out of focus pix. I was drooling all over the place. Oh, and I knocked it all off with some Vernor's ginger soda.

Yummo.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
Previous