Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Roux

User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

Roux

by Bill Veneman » Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:14 pm

Well, things got moved up a bit, and Chef Ethan Ray is now, as of a snow Thursday, in charge of the kitchen at Roux.

Before you get too excited about changes, I have it on good authority that he's getting well ensconced and refamiliarizing himself with the kitchen after his successful, albeit brief, run at Rumplings, before making any changes to the menu.

That being said, Alan & I ventured out last evening to dine there and as always, was thrilled with the menu. I had the bacon wrapped monk fish after starting with the lobster salad. Both dishes were skillfully executed, and very flavorful without too much heat. Alan started with the she crab soup and transitioned to the sweet & spicy duck...both got raves from across the table.

Didn't partake in dessert as we were both stuffed from dinner.....service was spot on. Just the perfect ending to a less than perfect snow day.
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
no avatar
User

DustinStaggers

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:16 am

Re: Roux

by DustinStaggers » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:45 pm

Thanks for coming in Bill. Always nice seeing your face in our establishments.
Dustin Staggers
Owner-Roux, Epic Sammich Co, America. The Diner, Ten Tables
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

by Ethan Ray » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:26 pm

Always a pleasure, Bill.

Seeing you and Alan three times in one week may be a new record!
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:00 pm

Finally made it in for lunch today - highly recommend! Very authentic, and the old house vibe works.