Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Boudreaux's New Orleans Style Sno-Balls opening April 1

by Robin Garr » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:35 pm

I just got an invitation to like this Facebook page, and it looks like a childhood pleasure brought back to life! 8)

Boudreaux's New Orleans Style Sno-Balls is a family owned business, that wanted to bring the delicious treat of a "Sno-Ball" to the great city of Louisville. Our grand opening is April 1.

Boudreaux-snoball.jpg
Boudreaux's finest ...
Boudreaux-snoball.jpg (18.66 KiB) Viewed 1855 times

Boudreaux's New Orleans Style Sno-Balls
11816 Shelbyville Road, Middletown
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Boudreau ... k=timeline
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

Re: Boudreaux's New Orleans Style Sno-Balls opening April 1

by Richard S. » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:24 pm

Not to be a killjoy, but speaking as someone who lived in New Orleans for many years I'm getting a bit tired of these attempts to imitate another city. This is like what, the fourth or fifth New Orleans-style place that's sprung up in the past few months? Just like pizza and bagels taste better in New York than they do anywhere else, New Orleans food is best eaten in New Orleans. In most cases when it's served anywhere else it just comes off as a cheap and disappointing imitation. I'm not sure what's driving the inferiority complex Louisville seems to have but I wish the city would get over it.

Sorry for the rant and no offense to the owners of this business, who I'm sure are good people just trying to make a living. By the way, I worked as a reporter in New Orleans and once interviewed someone named Boudreaux. When I asked him how his last name was spelled he said, "The regular way."
no avatar
User

Adam Robinson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:39 pm

by Adam Robinson » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:11 pm

To be fair, a great many places in New Orleans are also just pale imitations of actual New Orleans food, so I don't think it's that big of a deal.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:17 pm

Adam Robinson wrote:To be fair, a great many places in New Orleans are also just pale imitations of actual New Orleans food, so I don't think it's that big of a deal.

That, and Louisville and New Orleans have surprising connections that go back a long way. Some of the Bon Temps Roulez influence rubbed off on us via the river trade, and we share other odd cultural nuances including shotgun houses, that old West End blue-collar accent that you still hear from Howard Schnellenberger and a few other old-timers, and a serious love for fast horses, beautiful women, good things to eat and drink, and a position as the only place to get those things as an urban center surrounded by miles of dour puritans. :mrgreen: