Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Jeffrey D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:49 am

Prospect

by Jeffrey D. » Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:20 pm

Leah, thanks for the heads-up. I got ten $25 certificates for a total of $30. Everybody's getting one this year!
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:43 pm

Also the Entertainement Book is a good deal. It costs around 25 bucks...It has more than just restauraunts....
no avatar
User

Dan L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:52 pm

Use them quickly...

by Dan L. » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:51 pm

Hello all fellow bargain hunters. Let me start by saying that I am not negative on Restaurants.com, I simply want to share my experiences with those of you who are new to them. My wife and I have used this website for a few years now. The first year I discovered it I had the same reaction as many of you. I purchased them like crazy and used them as stocking stuffers. Nothing wrong with that, just keep a couple of my experiences in mind.

1. I was informed by one local chef/owner initially that he would not accept my certificate because while he had agreed to his restaurant's inclusion on restaurant.com at first, he had asked them to remove his place several times and was forced to get lawyers involved. After communicating his troubles to me he then agreed to accept the certificate from me. I was very appreciative and have continued to eat at his establishment if not for the food, for his graciousness. To further complicate matters I had given a certificate to this same restaurant as a gift and had to inform the recipient of this issue and explain that they would have to contact restaurant.com for a replacement.

2. It has also been my experience that many of the restaurants who have chosen to participate in restaurant.com are not in the best shape and have a tendency to go out of business. (Robert, I have also found this to be true with establishments in the Entertainment Book) In this situation, restaurant.com freely offered to replace my certificate with another restaurant of my choice from which they were currently offering certificates.

In both of these situations I, the customer, was taken care of in what I felt was an acceptable manner. A call to an establishment prior to your visit may prevent any unexpected turn of events when planning on using your certificate.
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:41 pm

All I can say is that I've been using the restaurant.com certificates for about three years,and have never had the first problem. That's why I recommended them.

And with Meridien Cafe, North End Cafe and Bourbon's Bistro on the list, I can't agree that these are "not in the best shape".

Just my .02.
no avatar
User

Dan L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:52 pm

Just sharing my experiences.

by Dan L. » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:54 pm

Leah, please don't misunderstand my intentions. I was not trying to speak badly of any of the Louisville establishments of which are currently participating in restaurants.com nor was I trying to discourage people from using this service. I just wanted to share my experiences with restaurant.com. I have also had many good experiences with their products. Given the quality of the current list of Louisville offerings I plan on purchasing from them again very soon.

But just to emphasize one of my earlier points about their service, a customer may currently purchase a $25 gift certificate from restaurant.com for Kimi's Asian Bistro. According to an earlier post (http://www.wineloverspage.com/forum/hotbytes/viewtopic.php?t=2082&highlight=kimis) from Deb Hall on November 24th, Kimi's is out of business.
no avatar
User

John R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:29 am

Old Lousiville

by John R. » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:47 pm

eww there are rules involved. I think most of these benefit large groups. A single couple can't really spend $50 dollars at Los Aztecas to make the coupon valid. Or $35 at the Back Door. The 2 entree one starter is a good deal for single couples.
Im not a food"ie", I am a food"er".
Previous