Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Mesh Open?

no avatar
User

pam.gersh

{ RANK }

Just got here

Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:30 am

Re: Mesh Open?

by pam.gersh » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:37 am

We recently went to Mesh for my husband's birthday. Let me start with the good. The bar area is beautiful, the soup and salad were great and our friend's appetizer's were also good. On the other side, our waitress was terrible! It took us an hour and a half to get our food and when it came we were disappointed. My husband got the pork chop and I got the sea bass. For $34 for sea bass this dish was salty and dry. My husband said the pork chop had no taste. I asked that my salad be served with dressing on the side but the waitress told me that the salads were done with light dressing. I got it and it was swimming in dressing and I had to send it back, the waitress was none to happy with me. She left us alone for long periods of time and we had so many plates on our table that an assistant manager (?) finally came over and removed them. I finally had to ask her where our dinner was and she said "I'm sure it is on it's way." Really? I asked for tea three times before I got it. We made this reservation over a week in advance and I told them that it was a special occasion but they sat us in the bar! So I couldn't tell you what the rest of the place looks like. Note to management: If someone indicates a birthday or special occasion at least put them in the main dining room. I might eat lunch there and will certainly have drinks and appetizers on the patio once the weather gets warm, but for that amount of money and the service we got - no thanks. I'll stick with Jeff Ruby's or even our neighborhood place, Martini's for better food and a much better value.
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:45 am

I ate there at lunch during the soft opening and mentioned to a trainer who asked for any criticism that the salad was almost inedible from so much dressing- she picked it up, looked it over, and then told me it was perfectly dressed.
Lesson learned: I guess I shouldn't critique free food.
User

JerryZegart

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:39 pm

Norton Commons

by JerryZegart » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:18 am

It's been a while since I posted here, but I was reading this thread and saw similar experiences to mine. Mesh...Poor service, great food, mediocre high priced drinks.

We had so much fun at another well known high quality restaurant that some of the staff joined us at the bar at Mesh. I wish they would had allowed our Bartender Friend with us to go behind the bar and teach them how to make drinks. I love Manhattans, but Mesh's was at best a 3 out of 10. We came after their big rush at around 10:00pm and they still managed to lose our orders and after 15 to 20 minutes, most likely based on the looks on our faces, stopped by to apologize, still without drinks in hand, which took another 10 minutes. That was one apology followed by others, including our appetizer order given 30 minutes earlier which arrived still 15 minutes later and the table setting to eat our now getting cold food, 5 to 10 minutes later.

On a positive note, the appetizers we tried were exceptional, as was the atmosphere. We also had friends who ate there tonight and joined us and said their meals were exceptional.

We will give them the benefit of the doubt on that and return to sample again, but in a town with so many great choices and quality bartenders they best improve their service and bar game.
Previous