Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

The Hub bar, eatery, going in to old River City Tire

by Robin Garr » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:32 am

Right between Comfy Cow and Bourbons Bistro. I've noticed a lot of rehab going on in the old tire shop.

Bar and restaurant planned for former River City Tire building on Frankfort Avenue
Business First

Part of the former River City Tire building at 2235 Frankfort Ave. is becoming a neighborhood bar and restaurant called The Hub Louisville.
Records have been filed with Louisville Metro planning officials for the bar, which will be open daily from 4 p.m. to 4 a.m., WDRB-TV reports.

Full story:
http://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/b ... -city.html
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

Re: The Hub bar, eatery, going in to old River City Tire

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:17 am

Is this going in the smaller-scale brick building on the west end of the property, or the giant metal warehouse-looking part on the east side? I've been hoping they'd tear down the latter portion. It's an eyesore.
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

by Heather L » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:41 am

Oh yay - a bar open until 4am right up the street. Just what Clifton needs?

Reason #73 how I know I have turned into a total curmudgeon!
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:12 pm

Jeff Cavanaugh wrote:Is this going in the smaller-scale brick building on the west end of the property, or the giant metal warehouse-looking part on the east side? I've been hoping they'd tear down the latter portion. It's an eyesore.

Jeff, have you been by there recently? I just glanced at it over the weekend, but it appears that they are both renovating the old buildings and doing a major remake on the part that faces the street. It lookes like they're setting it up with huge garage-style windows/doors that can either be raised (like Silver Dollar) or opened wide (like Craft House), so I'm assuming that's where it will be - the part up close to the sidewalk, heavily renovated.

Of course, I got no inside info, just what I see from the street. :oops: