Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Top 10 Food Cities

User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

Top 10 Food Cities

by Gayle DeM » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:44 pm

If you live in L'ville, I'm think you'll like this list: http://travel.nationalgeographic.com/travel/top-10/food-cities/
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

Re: Top 10 Food Cities

by Kim H » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:58 pm

Wow, that's incredible! Thx for sharing! (however, I don't recall ever having a Hot Brown on Texas toast?)
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:04 pm

Kim H wrote:Wow, that's incredible! Thx for sharing! (however, I don't recall ever having a Hot Brown on Texas toast?)

Or calling Mornay "a cream sauce."

I love it that we're getting all this publicity, and thanks to Gayle for posting. I'm not so happy that much of that publicity is being written at high speed by low-paid free-lancers who've never been here. That's pretty much how Lynn's Paradise Cafe got its national rep as our "iconic" eatery. :evil:
User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

by Kim H » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:27 pm

:lol: Ain't it the truth!
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:29 pm

"After 18 months of rigorous travel to an elite selection of 120 cities worldwide, our team of 13 culinary connoisseurs are ready to reveal their findings of the top 10 food cities. ......no, just kidding. Joe worked on this after lunch yesterday and got this done in time to cut out an hour early!"

Oh, well. never look a gift horse in the mouth!
James J. Natsis
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:02 pm

That's certainly a strange group of cities! I've never heard Buffalo or Cincinnati ever mentioned as being great food cities. IMHO they are both one horse cities with buffalo wings and chili being there only names to fame. Unlike Louisville who has such a wide variety of food choices.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"