Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Latte Cafe - Crestwood

User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

Latte Cafe - Crestwood

by Carla G » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:52 pm

Looking for a local to grab a quick meal this morning. Happened to see this tiny place. (Tiny! They seat 30 people crammed.) A hand lettered sign said SUSHI COMING SOON. This is, in Crestwood, an exotic sign for sure. Pulled in to check it out. They have breakfast every day until noon so I ordered a huge breakfast so I could try everything. Eggs sunny side were cooked perfectly. Link sausage was ok but that's just me. I seemed to stop enjoying sausage a while back. Biscuits were beautiful. Sausage gravy tasted like that prepackaged stuff from the restaurant supply places so, no. Fresh fruit was indeed very fresh and looked to be hand cut. While I was enjoying my meal the new (since December) owner, Mike, came out to my table. In broken English (I think he is Japanese) he apologized to me.
" I have burned your pancakes. They will be out soon."
"Hey, no problem. I actually forgot about them. "
When they did arrive they were devine. Perfect. Ideal. I should have taken a picture. Fluffy without being gummy in the center and a beautiful golden brown on the outside. Had I known they were to be this good I would not have bothered ordering anything else. So, yeah, my new breakfast place. And they have espresso.

They serve the usual cafe lunch fare like sandwiches and wraps during lunch hours. Prices range from $5.75 for homemade tuna salad to $8.25 for wraps and sandwich croissants. All served with pasta salad, chips and pickle.

Next week they will start sushi in the evenings. Prices will range from $4.75 for a salmon skin roll up to $13.95 for a lobster volcano roll. The usual sort of rolls are $5 average and the special rolls (like Spider rolls) are in the area of $11. Real reasonable.

I am so there.

Latte Cafe
6334 W. Highway 146
(Shares a parking lot with Dominoes Pizza)
502-243-3559
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Re: Latte Cafe - Crestwood

by Carla G » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:12 am

Since this last post I have returned twice in the early evening (right after work) to try their sushi. Neither time were they opened. I returned on a Sunday afternoon and found them opened (and packed with every table filled) but no more sushi signs posted. I asked Mike the owner re this and he said "No. No sushi. Did not work." OK.

Instead I ordered a pimento cheese sandwich with added avocado slices and a cup of homemade potato soup. The sandwich was fine but not great. It was served on generic, square, white bread with two slices of dill pickles. It came with ordinary potato chips. The cup of potato soup was indeed home made and very good. Large chunks of potato, celery, a few carrots and a stringy green of some sort (maybe spinich or kale?) I doubt there was much, if any, milk in the soup, it just wasn't that rich but the flavor was good. Total cost with a glass of water was $9 and change. I left feeling, I don't know, a bit disappointed. I think maybe the feeling that the whole meal was overpriced could have been eliminated if the sandwich had been served on better (or real) bread. Or am I being unrealistic given the cost of running a cafe?
User

Scott Hack

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:09 pm

Pewee Valley, Kentucky

by Scott Hack » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:19 am

I thought the owner's name was Paul?
Scott Hack
Finish Line Realty
502-376-4225
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Carla G » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:25 am

It could be Scott. During my first visit one of the waitresses told me his name was Mike. That's what I was going by.
User

Scott Hack

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:09 pm

Pewee Valley, Kentucky

by Scott Hack » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:47 pm

I found a review on another site from February of 2015 that said it had new owners. So I guess Paul and his wife sold it.
Scott Hack
Finish Line Realty
502-376-4225
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Carla G » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:29 pm

I am ready for YOU to open another cafe out this way. I miss your little restaurant. :cry: