Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

SuperChefs in St Matthews

User

Doug Davis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:05 pm

The Highlands

SuperChefs in St Matthews

by Doug Davis » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:55 pm

So I was going through some of my old Yelp reviews this evening, when I noticed Yelp was reporting SuperChefs was closed. And I thought surely they mean at this hour, not forever. Went to their Facebook page and there are a few posts from people asking where they have moved to and what happened. Seems the Wallace Street location is cleaned out.

Anyone know anything? We really liked them!
I eat, therefore I am.
no avatar
User

Alanna H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:11 pm

Colorado Springs

Re: SuperChefs in St Matthews

by Alanna H » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:44 pm

In the August issue of Louisville magazine it said they were going to be moving into a new location on Bardstown Rd near Bonnycastle. Got so excited and watched and looked everytime I drove past, but nothing ever happened.
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:30 am

I think someone posted last year that (at least some of) the proprietors involved had moved to Columbus to open one up there. That was after the LowBrow location closed.
User

Doug Davis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:05 pm

The Highlands

by Doug Davis » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:48 pm

It was open in St. Matthews up until Dec of this year. I posted by review here in Nov of 2014, just 2 1/2 months ago. Nothing on their facebook page either about closing. And when we were there in Nov the place was packed.
Now its just empty with no word. Maybe I will go by tomorrow and ask the woman running the antique shop in the front if she knows anything.
I eat, therefore I am.
User

Steve A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:13 am

turn left

by Steve A » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:06 am

The last time we attempted to go there was 2 or 3 weeks ago. The restaurant was closed, and Ruby Slipper, the consignment shop in front had going out of business sale signs plastered all over.

There's a website for their Ohio stores - looks like they have two there now. The Ohio menu looks pretty much like what they were serving in St. Matthews.

The last few times we were there we noticed that the tall lanky guy we knew as the owner, Darnell, wasn't cooking. The menu and food were still the same (and good).

The way Superchefs has moved around over the years, I wouldn't be surprised to see them pop up somewhere else in town again. If not, they will be missed.
"It ain't a matter of pork 'n beans that's gonna justify your soul
Just don't try to lay no boogie woogie on the king of rock and roll."
User

Paul S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:11 pm

Goshen

by Paul S » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:12 am

Too bad if true. SuperChef was one of my top two go-to breakfast spots. Hillbilly Tea is the other one, but their hours are a bit later as they label it a brunch. :|