Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Server snark from Jezebel's Kitchenette

by Robin Garr » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:05 am

Here's this week's ration of server snark. Pro tip: Don't be these customers. Please. (PG-13 language within)

http://kitchenette.jezebel.com/restaura ... 1683126318
no avatar
User

Eric Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:23 pm

Re: Server snark from Jezebel's Kitchenette

by Eric Hall » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:00 pm

The last one is hilarious. I had a friend in college whose parents showed dogs that regularly attended the Westminster Dog super bowl. I know the crowd for which that person speaks. They would spend 5 grand on a dog plus 1k/month to "show" it. I think they were a bit better tippers than the "guests" in the article but I can see where the frustration would come out. Visiting fine dining restaurants but ordering the chicken with the lamb sauce without onions or any of those "red things" was par for the course.

And everyone in the hospitality business in the south has been "Jesus trading carded" at least once. They go to shake your hand and say thanks for doing a great job. Instead of a green dead president or two, you have the equivalent of a 1987 Topps Baseball Card except with Jesus on it.
Last edited by Eric Hall on Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

Max S

{ RANK }

Just got here

Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:08 pm

by Max S » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:44 pm

Serving would be a great job, if it weren't for the customers. Seriously, if you removed the customers out of the mix, it would be pretty fun! Haha
"Japanese chefs believe their souls go into their sushi knives. Would you put your soul in a dishwasher?"
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:09 pm

Max S wrote:Serving would be a great job, if it weren't for the customers. Seriously, if you removed the customers out of the mix, it would be pretty fun! Haha

Just about every profession has a variation on that, Max. Even pastors. :mrgreen: