Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Me Gusta on Main St

no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Me Gusta on Main St

by James Natsis » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:13 pm

A Latin restaurant called Me Gusta just opening on Main St next to Bearnos. Is this new or a replacement of something else?
James J. Natsis
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Me Gusta on Main St

by Robin Garr » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:40 pm

Former Sol Aztecas. It's actually mentioned in the Bahn Mi Hero topic, but I'm not surprised you missed it ... it was an appropriate but off-topic digression.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22889&p=170775
User

Lonnie Turner

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:34 am

Highlands

by Lonnie Turner » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:18 pm

I called as they have the same phone number as Sol Aztecas on Main. It sounded busy so I didn't grill the guy much, but he did say the name change took effect yesterday, Jan. 30, and that the menu is completely different. So it might be more than a simple name change. That happened when the Sol Aztecas Frankfort Ave. location changed hands and became Ramiro's. I don't see a web presence yet, surprisingly, or see any news that Sol Aztecas on Main is gone. They still have their FB page up and it says they are open.
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:24 pm

Went yesterday for a drink and app before the U of L game. The menu reads much more Latin vs. straight Mexican. I remember a few Bolivian and Peruvian dishes being list, but not the details of them. They were doing a events menu, with what seemed to be inflated prices, which always irritates me.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/